1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage 7 recruitment program!

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by GypsyRacing, May 13, 2011.

1. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

Alright, there is an on going effort for ALL V7 racers to recruit new racers to v7. Everyone must get someone either a new racer, or a racer from another class to give v7 a try. Keep the class growing, be creative to get folks out....sell them a bike, loan them a bike, bribe them, shame them....get them on the track.

One new guy every year.....promote the class!

That is all.....sound off if you did your part.....I sold two zx6rs to lance so he can come out and play again......he does't look like he knows how to drink.....so how fast can he really be.......right?!
    :beer:

2. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

I sold a bike to MESS to get him out and then he sold it to Kevin. That counts right???

3. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

If you give me a beer I'll be a newbe! At this point.....help stickboy work on his bike between tire changes at the track to bring the legend out of Pre-"tire"ment.

4. lance89

lance89 Well-Known Member

I have the 1998 F3 I'm trying to get someone on. I'd like to sell it cause i haven't had the time to really go over it, and I could use the money for the zx6's But I might have some one on it at Summit next month. Lance

5. Gorilla

Gorilla Let me push on that bitch

I'm working on a 95 GSX-R 1100 should be ready in a few months

6. mag

mag Well-Known Member

Would a 02 aprilia mille qualify? I saw the rc51 is v7 legal so thought maybe the mille would be too.

7. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

I think an Aprilia Tuono would be a good fit with the rc51.....currently it has not yet been indexed in.

The water pump seal came in today for the 748, hopefully that will fix the water in the oil problem......suspension........then paint......hopefully I can get it on the track by July.

8. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

What happened to June Roebling?

9. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Give me a bike to ride and I'll join the V7 party. :Poke:

Or, let my lowly V6lw bike bump up into the class. I think it goes good enough to play with you guys.

10. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

Thats what I was thinking....:up:

11. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

I counted on my fingers and toes and it doesn't look like June RRR is doable anymore 3 weeks waiting on part bike in shop....I was told 3 weeks turn around to get suspension, bike can't be in two places at one place. I hope to get bodywork back to chuck while suspension is being done. No time to base line dyno to make sure a/f is in the ballpark.

I took this bike completely apart, so I was hoping to do a track day Monday to make sure it will hold together......that's not going to happen for sure.

12. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

I've tried for years to get you to come out and play....all you had to do is finish putting the bike together and rig up some bodywork.

I think you said you were concerned about all the power that comes with 4 spark plugs......and you couldnt reach the ground......or something like that.
    Do you have a cooler big enough to run v7.....you know this is not a CCS class....right?!

Bring the RZ out and play anytime.....as long as you don't race in v6lwt your legal for v7 on that "bigbore" RZ....I mean "FZR" yamaha.
    :beer:

13. rus23

rus23 Misfit

You could have a nearly race ready CBR for what you paid for your pipes Joe. :Poke:

Lance has one.

14. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

Chuck D has one also that he needs to sell. Its a 94f2 with f3 front end, carbs, airbox, ram air, wiring harness and fuel pump. SB brake lines and some other stuff. Im pretty sure hes got enough plastic to dress the bike completely as well. So someone could buy it up and have a v7 tour.
    Kev its not looking like RRR for me in June either buddy. But the round at RRR for July is on my bday so Ill be there that weekend. Im hoping to hit Road Atl in June but not sure just yet. And if money allows Ill be at AMA Vintage Days hosted my Kawi this year but thats a long way and alot of money.

15. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

Dyle I think chuck got rid of that Honda already. I think he said something about not wanting the kawi to get fleas from that Honda.... Lol. Just kidding, I was checking it out when I was over there a couple weeks ago.

16. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

I didnt do anything to it. Got it and put plastic on it and Chris rode it at VIR last year and was alot faster than me.
    Hows the shop looking? Chuck said hes almost got it done?

17. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

No flat panel....or even cable yet, no frig.....no beer, no massage/lounge chair.....and the hvac unit is not hooked up yet.....lol.

He is making progress, but hopefully it will be ready for a v7 gathering for the next daytona race.

18. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

Hey HRC crowd, I got a question for you. Do all the f2/f3's have a front fender that weighs 5 pounds. I picked one up the other day, and I sware that thing is made out of steel.....is this normal?

19. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

i've got a F2 frame in the shop from my first F2/3 (gixxer josh's old bike) what an electrical nightmare of a bike! caught fire twice!

a top secret north central ringer said that he wants to use the frame to build a crazy V7 bike....100% chrome dipped.

if it happens, all will be in big trouble.

20. Outsider V6 V7

Outsider V6 V7 Well-Known Member

Yo dudes, I'm trying to figure out which of these to use to kick your butts at VMD. The trick one with the luggage rack is my electric bike until I get my license. How fast will my GSXR be when I show up 50lbs lighter? Don't worry ladies there will still be 200lbs to love. lol

Attached Files: