1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage 7 recruitment program!

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by GypsyRacing, May 13, 2011.

1. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

Duc pond guy, and your going to run a zuk?! I am sure there are a ton of 748/916 just laying around that place.

The problem with that year gsxr, if you build a full on superbike it will spank everyone.

I saw pictures of your bike, and it looked like a katana with gsxr bodywork to me.....pull in on the last lap if your smoking the field and you will not get scored....those katanas are prone to overheating.....lol.

I think you will find that the fast guys will smoke the field on a POS bike, and some guys will bring up the rear on the trickest fastest machine.....feelings get hurt when the fast guys feel the need to have a fast bike too.

2. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

Dennis you nor Chuck never did say who baught the f2? You said it was someone from our past. SO do tell.

3. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

LOL

I told you he was another expert #8.............he might be embarresed to admit that he is riding a Honda, so I didn't want to "out" him. Do a search by rider number.......he is your neighbor, and I've seen him hang around the tech shed a time or two...lol.

4. Claussen

Claussen Well-Known Member

Dyle,
    I dont think all my bills are in quite yet, but I am sure that is about right.. The whole thing has been a disaster.. the meds they had me on put me in the ER on new years eve with stroke like symptoms.. that was a happy good time! My arm still gets a little "fuzzy" now and then, but I dont have the searing pain any more, so Im happy! LOL!!

I'll have to check on the main board on the special!

5. Claussen

Claussen Well-Known Member

Yeah, I know... you should hear the grief I get with it! I picked it up on the cheap as believe it or not, there are not a lot of those floating around here.. I wanted something that I wouldn't really cry about if it slid away from me, and this fit the bill... the thoughts of running vintage came later..
    As far as the bike goes, it has suspension done on it, but the engine is stock save for jetting and a pipe..

You said you saw a pic of her somewhere? My big ol girl? Shamu? LOL!! I actually bought it because it made me look skinny.. :)

6. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

Lol

At 6-3 and 230#, I'm going to be a giant on my little 748!

Welcome......what kinda beer do you keep in the cooler....riding the Honda, you must not be too picky....lol. I kid.....I kid.
    :beer:

7. Dyle

Dennis Ill let you know what a full on superbike motor on the srad 600 will be. The motor has been sent to Chris (Hippy) Berkel, Geoff May's original mechanic. The guy that got Geoff where he is today and still works on Geoff's personal bike. At least he was last year in June at Road Atlanta. So once it get back and we put it all back together and dino is Ill post up the numbers for everyone to see. My neighbor thru a main bearing in his a couple weeks ago and hes got the money to spend so I talked him into doing the build cause as it sat my stock motor F3 was eating the thing alive. Im trying to get him to bring it to RRR for the July round. Even if he has to run modern he will still have a good time. He already has a Penske rear and hes done something to the front himself so I dont know about that or how good it is. But once Hippy is done with the motor I know itll be bad ass. Hippy is really good.

8. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

yeah, but it'll make the big feel that much lighter!

9. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

Its a secret unless he reveals his identity. You know him lol....Dennis nearly gave it away...

Sad shame I had to sell him a Honder

10. Dyle

Did Dennis buy that thing??

11. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

12. Dyle

Well if you mean by Atlanta being my neighbor then Jonathan Parks?
    or Florida then it would be Bob Webber?
    Or Temple Ga being Billy M? Either way Im not sure I know any of these guys Dennis. Refresh my memory. You know I smoked to much pot and done to many pain pills back in the day to remember long term things.

Im thinking Bob Webber??

13. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

Will we see it this weekend?

14. Dyle

Im gonna try be there to watch. Someone save me a beer and parking spot for my mini van....

15. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

Im thinking Road A if were lucky....:up:

16. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

I wouldn't say that would make you lucky

17. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

Stick, did you buy another bike????

18. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin Well-Known Member

I'm trying out V7HW for the first time this weekend at Summit. Should be fun. :beer:

19. lance89

lance89 Well-Known Member

Thomas, look me up and say hi. 95 zx7 Green Lance

20. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

What would, a free pair of slicks showing up at my door next week?