1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage 7 recruitment program!

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by GypsyRacing, May 13, 2011.

1. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

Naaaah, I'm thinking an Aprilia is the hot ticket for Hwt.

2. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

Rd400racer

V7hwt is a great bump up class for us, and our little bikes do pretty good against our bigger brothers. If you are a novice, mw solo is not too bad on an old bike. If your an expert, it's pretty ugly.

Beer full of belly....making good decisions.....sounds like you'll fit in just fine.

3. jimraynor21

jimraynor21 Well-Known Member

Ill see you guys at Beaver, and Im coming for the entire weekend so be sure to say hi...cant miss me white vanson leathers with the ugly green stripe straight through the middle. FZR4/6 with R6 fairings and a TZ tail.

I met Lance at Summit in April, think a few of you gave me some nods on the grid, hope to see you all there.

4. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

I raced my rc51 at roebling in march, there was a guy on a Suzuki in V7 I ran with up front. I took 2nd and he won, who is this guy? He wasnt there this past roebling race.

5. Outsider V6 V7

Outsider V6 V7 Well-Known Member

I was there earlier in the year on an all red GSXR. Problem was I finished 3rd in that race Bj took the win. I forgot RC51's had been indexed into the class and didn't realize it till I looked at the results. If it wasn't me it could have been Ray H.

6. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

Ray wasnt there in March Eboz. You and Wags where the only V7hw originals. BJ on his now white Black Beauty F3 won the HW race.

7. Mblashfield

Kinda big guy, #21 I think. Slicks on an older gsxr.

8. Outsider V6 V7

You are correct that was me. #21 and the politically correct statement is not fairly big guy, but:beer::beer: "excellent drafting partner." Stickboy will confirm this as he used to dwell in the vortex at RRR. It was fun racing with you.
    Eboz

9. Mblashfield

You had me until you missed a shift coming on to the front straight!!

10. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

lol, that's the only way I got him too. lap after lap, I'd pass him in T9, and he'd blow back by me on the straight. Both of you two were a pain in the ass to pass.

11. Dyle

That was a good race to watch. I didnt run HW so I was on pitwall watching you 3 everytime yall came down the str8. What a great sound the 3 of your bikes made screaming as they hauled ass by me. The Big twin, the old but very nice and very fast GSXR with the scream of a built f3.

12. Mblashfield

What bikes are you guys on and what are your names?

Matt Blashfield

13. Mblashfield

Was I sticking my arms and legs out keeping you from passing me?

14. Outsider V6 V7

My bike is an '86 GSXR 750 frame with an 1100 motor. I brought both of my 1100's that weekend and chose to ride the smaller one. I hadn't ridden it since VMD last year so of course I was a little rusty but I only remember missing one shift and that was down the straight when BJ got me. What you intepreted as a missed shift could have actually been me running over my tongue as I hadn't trained much in the off season. LOL Still enjoyed dicing it up with both of you.

Eric Bozell or eboz

15. Dyle

Most of the guys on the grid where F2/3s. Eboz and a guy alittle farther back Micheal Wagner where both on v6 GSXRs. Look up DnR4everus on photobucket and 2 of the guys in the HW race where wearing video cams. So youll be able to see what was going on behind you.
    Im Dyle I ride a 95 f3. Ill be back out at RRR in July for my 43rd bday.

Eboz are you still in China?? Hows that going, you are getting in your training right, Plenty of fried rice and chicken?

16. Mblashfield

You had 10 or so bike lengths on me coming out of 9 and all of a sudden a puff of smoke came out of your exaust and you looked back all at the same time and you lost your drive, it looked like you missed a shift.
    Still, I barely got by.
    It looked like you were leaving nice stripes coming out of t2 also, very cool looking from behind!

17. Mblashfield

I'll check out the vids!
    I'm coming back after 5 years off, I turned 49 in April. I raced ltwt twins for 10 years and my bikes are in pieces so I'm riding an New RC I've had in my garage since 2003 collecting dust, it has about 3000 miles on it.
    The F2/3's are fast in that class, what mods can you do to them?

18. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

E-BOZ TRAINING! Say its not so? I thought you always trained. 12 Oz at a time. Man i do miss you guys. Going to have to sneak out there next yr and have a party with you guys. Go check out my vids on facebook.
    Till then be safe and have fun.

Steven Isenhower #52 v-6 2001
    Cmra # 168

19. Dyle

The F3s are superbike rules. So you can do just about everything to them as long as its period for that year. Some of them have custom r6 front ends, 2ml overbored engines, custom subframes, Just about anything you can think of that still stays within the rules and there will be a bike or 2 that has it done.

20. Mblashfield