1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage 7 recruitment program!

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by GypsyRacing, May 13, 2011.

1. jimraynor21

jimraynor21 Well-Known Member

I joined the crowd this year down at Summit and got killed on my little FZR 4/6:up:

Hoping to make it to a few more east coast events this year and manage my finances so I can make this addiction a habit for many years to come.:beer:

2. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

Welcome to V7 Jim. I know a few guys selling some pretty good f2/3s. Good luck this year and be sure and look for V7 alley at Road Atlanta in June. Dont forget your beer!!!

3. Commander_Chaos

Commander_Chaos Hillbilly Genius

Not the result I remember...

4. Claussen

Claussen Well-Known Member

I want to come and play but my 98 GSXR 600 isn't eligible.. Ive sent emails in, but never got a reply.. Not upset about it as I would really only race one or two weekends anyway, but I still think it would be fun..

5. Dyle

That year GSXer has been topic of conversation for many years now when its rules updating time. Some say its just to bad ass to run with the F3 and ZXs of the same time frame. Who knows maybe next year they will let it in. Either that of find a good cheap Honda or Kawi and run it till it brakes. There are a couple good ones on the BBS here in the vintage section you should check out.

6. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

The wrong parts got ordered from Italy.....arrrg. They have to order again.....another 3 weeks. Anyone have a new early model 748 water pump impeller on the shelf? No Road Atlanta round.....hopefully July now.

7. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

Excuses.........

8. lance89

lance89 Well-Known Member

Gypsy, there has to be parts in the us. its not like there isn't a bunch of those things around. did you check with Duc pond? and even if you had to get something from over there it shouldn't take more than a week or so to get them. Lance

9. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Come by and pet the Border Sheltie if he comes to TGP and I'll run V7 again since I have 8 races to swap rims like Barber of course y'all might not notice since you take off from in front and stay there :eek:

Though soon I will have video posted of Barber so you can see yourself start

Oh wait excuse time. I did not practice with the stock rims (not a huge deal) and screwed up MAJOR on gearing. I thought I had the same on both rims and there was a one tooth difference. The first couple of laps I was trying to refind shift points and turn in with 8lbs more rims and a tooth higher :(

10. Commander_Chaos

Commander_Chaos Hillbilly Genius

If you're at all serious you might as well get something that you can race now. No shortage of cheap, eligible bikes. I see them on here frequently for 2k. If you're any good you'll still be faster than your buddies no matter what you're on.

11. F2RGK

F2RGK Smack Talker, but Nice!

Gypsy, go to CCS board,..there's plenty o:beer:f cubans running those things down here!

12. NOLAracer

NOLAracer Well-Known Member

New recruit here...hopefully I'll be out at Tally next month with the TZ:)

13. lance89

very cool, and on a TZ, nice. I love those bikes. Lance

14. Dyle

My next race wont be till July as well. Doing the RRR round for my Bday. I wont be able to get the bike redressed with the new paint job and some other stuff in time for the June round. Im hoping maybe for Road Atlanta because it was my home track for some many years and well I miss Atlanta. But definatly RRR in July. Is that what you are planning Dennis?

15. Dyle

Check with Chuck D ( GPRacer15 and Lance) I think both of them have a Honda or 2 to sell right now. I know Chuck does for sure.

16. lance89

yea I have a 1998 F3.

17. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

Yes, that is the new plan....RRR in July.

Chuck sold that Honda already Dyle.

As for the duc parts, the dealer said it is 3 weeks if they put a rush on it.....no kidding. I was told this is normal....I have a couple calls still to make sure, but around here, that's what you get.

18. Dyle

Dennis do we have a new V7ner??

19. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

Old V7 racer back in the fold............Ironically, another Expert #8......in the SE.

That's going to stink!

20. Duck150

Duck150 Well-Known Member

I keep looking at my broken 916.....thinking,it would be fun to get back out with you guys..........