1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TT 2014

Discussion in 'General' started by GoldStarRon, Feb 15, 2014.

1. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

I won't leave home without it. :) Also have a really nice lightweight small tent that's fully waterproof and my pack is fully water proof.

2. GoldStarRon

GoldStarRon Well-Known Member

Suggest an American Flag.... cheer on the Yank racers...!! Take pictures...!!

I won't say enjoy, that is a given...

Ron

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Did you ever find the thread that has your name on it? :Poke::D

4. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

entry confirmed....

start number is 79 though! eeek

finished 37th in the superbike race last year and qualified in the 50's and they base start numbers off of previous fastest laps

qualifying isnt the issue for me this year....it's being faster than the rest of the 10 riders in front of me since they only allow 70 starters!

supposedly 66 of the starters for the 1000cc races have all done 120mph+ laps!

game face needs to be on! time to ramp up the training!

5. vinnyb123

vinnyb123 Well-Known Member

Flights are booked and we are all confirmed! First trip out and are so looking forward in going. We are flying to London then taking a hopper flight over to the island. Citywing.com is our flight over. Reservations are made at a hotel near the airport. The hotel is providing transportation to and from. Don't know much about the weather there, looks cool and rainy. Some summer vacation? I will keep everyone posted and will send pics!

6. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Huhoh. I read that McPint broke his wrist on his dirty bike. Hope it's not a bad one! Hutchy and M Dunlop are hungry!

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He's supposed to be healed by the TT no problem. Scaphoid I think.

8. MikeR

MikeR Well-Known Member

"Supposed" being the key word. Scaphoid injuries can be quite tricky to recover from depending on the severity and treatment. Hoping he is healed up and ready to rock though!

9. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

It's McGuinness

He'll be fine

10. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Tell me about it :down:

He'll be racing though. Even if it's still broken, he'll be racing.

11. GoldStarRon

Yes, the TT is again over subscribed... so guys, put some Nitro in your gas tanks..! And JM130 will be just fine.. he can beat most (I did say most) of the other guys with one hand.. but will need two for the top guys.. Would be cool for him to get another win or two this year... Hope you have great sun and that would mean great racing..!!
    Ron - dyno next week..!!

12. grasshopper

I broke my scaphoid over 2 years ago at Barber and it's still not completely healed. Hopefully it's not his throttle / brake hand like mine

13. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I broke my radius, scaphoid, and capitate in September and I'm still struggling with it. I had no pain at Jennings two weeks ago, but I'm going to try to ride moto next weekend, which will be the real test.
    The mountain course is about as physical as it gets. With the bumps and length of the races, I can't think of a worse scenario for a bum wrist. That said, compared to the Missile, I'm a huge pussy. My guess is that he'll be racing, and winning.

If he's healthy, it looks like he may have things his way this year. Dunlop was on fire last year but he was on great bikes. I'm not sure he'll have time to get the BMW working well. Keith Amor told me last year that the BMW he rode was a real handful around there and trying to ride it fast was the scariest thing he'd ever done. Hopefully for Dunlop he gets it sorted.
    Cam won't be a threat on the Nortonilia, Anstey will be strong as always, Brookes and Hutchy will be fast, and Cummins on a Honda is interesting, as is W Dunlop on Tyco. I'm sure I'm forgetting some contenders, but McGuinness is the best rider on a proven package. I really hope he's healthy.

14. grasshopper

This is going to be awesome. I can't wait to get there and see this

15. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

First time? Camping? Homestay?

16. grasshopper

Yes, my TT spectating cherry is officially being popped. I've been a road racing fan since I can't remember and have been racing for 12 years in the midwest. So I'm a big fan of this infamous racing event. I'm meeting with friends in Manchester and we are camping at Sulby Claddagh. The people I am going with have been there several times so at least I won't be completely in the blind.

17. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Awesome. Last year was my first, and I don't plan on missing another.

Prepare to fall in love with the spectacle, the racing, and most of all the Manx. Nicest people you've ever met.

The course seems insane when you watch it on TV, but live it becomes more beautiful than it is crazy. Now I've got the Manx GP bug in a bad way...

Have fun!

18. grasshopper

That's what I'm afraid of. Might have to ship an SV or RD over there and run it.

19. GoldStarRon

What a visual.. a Grasshopper popping his cherry..! Sorry.. had to do it.. OK, suggest you take a small am/fm radio, and an ear set of some kind. The radio commentary is also on loud speakers but you can't always hear it. Or they sell a fixed radio ear set pretty cheap in the Paddock at the TT Supporters booth. (I think that is open for the TT). Some guys take a recording device as well as video camera... Buy lots of goodies... got to have IOM Goodies... Oh yes and see if you can find any 50 P coins with race bikes on them...
    Ron

20. Jay305

Jay305 Well-Known Member