1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TT 2014

Discussion in 'General' started by GoldStarRon, Feb 15, 2014.

1. GoldStarRon

GoldStarRon Well-Known Member

So, who is going..?? I would of thought you guy(s) would of spoken up by now... I know, entries may not be final yet... but.. Top Gun, you all set..??

Ron

2. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Brandon, Mark Miller and I are the only Americans I know of who've entered. I'm still crossing my fingers about my entry, seeing as how I didn't enter last year.

3. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Good luck man, seeing as there are only 2 yanks trying for an entry I would be surprised if they said no, makes no sense marketing wise

4. GoldStarRon

Hope you all get accepted...

Ron

5. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Awesome! You guys are nuts for running this race. I will be there with a beer in hand rooting you on.

6. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

I'll be there....ride sorted and planning for some big things!

No 600 ride at the moment so I'll just be in Superstock, Superbike, and Senior again as it looks...

7. doublea

doublea Well-Known Member

Likewise :beer:

Any of you guys Supertwinning?

8. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

I put in for a Lightweight entry but have only been building a Supersport bike.

9. GoldStarRon

Maybe you guys can "rent a racer"...

Ron

10. grasshopper

What are the stipulations for them approving an entry?

What company do you use to ship the bike over?

How do you not shit in your pants multiple times throughout the race?

11. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Curious in this also.

From what I've read, you have to qualify to even race. So, just how fast of a rider do you have to be to make qualifying?

12. gpstar748

be "somebody"

well, not really, but kinda

the TT organizers pretty much have to know who you are if you are an international entrant OR you have such a good resume (good AMA results) for them to want you

best way to get in is to do the ManxGP first OR another international road race (Northwest200 or UlsterGP) and get a "decent" result. then you'll get your shot

riders like Danny Webb entering arent making it any easier for people to get in and it is making entries more and more difficult to get as the event gets more "prestigious" every year since higher caliber riders want to do it

I have never shipped a bike over but CR Gittere did back in 2010 and it cost him about $6000 round trip or so

13. gpstar748

it's not just about being a "fast" rider

there are riders that go there that would probably beat me on a short circuit but they "struggle" at the TT

it just takes a certain type of person to be able to wrap your head around it and do well there

yes, you do have to be able to be a decent rider to qualify, but that's not the end all be all

and before you can qualify you have to be "invited"/granted an entry as I outlined in my previous post

14. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

You know my SV is for sale right? :)

15. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

I did not know that, actually.

16. grasshopper

I'm glad I'm not able to enter because I would probably die anyway. I will stick to drinking beer on a cobblestone wall and watching.

Will this chic be there this year? I want to meet her.

[​IMG]

17. grasshopper

I also have an SV for sale if you want to use it for the TT.

All setup and ready to go. Weighs 305 and makes almost 90hp

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

This remains one of the five most glorious pictures ever posted on the Internet.

19. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Now you do. And I feel ok talking about it here cause its in the classifies. :)

20. doublea

doublea Well-Known Member

I do hope it doesn't get completely swamped by high profilers for the forseeable future. Forget the Manx for a minute, the TT (as high caliber as it may be nowadays) still strikes me as a grassroots-spirited event (although I haven't been, so I can't speak on experience). When the Dunlops were starting, Anstey, McPint, they didn't really have a huge profile yet, did they? Successful runs at club and small road events, but not WSBK or GP level (at the time they began).
    I'm neither knocking the profile you have to build for yourself to be granted entry, nor the high-profile guys themselves for wanting to do it...you definitely have to bring something to the table, whether it's Chris's great finish in the Manx, Brandon's Ulster finish (and the 'youngest American' ticker).
    Just hope it's not full up when the next-genners' turns come up! :up: