1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TT 2014

Discussion in 'General' started by GoldStarRon, Feb 15, 2014.

1. GoldStarRon

GoldStarRon Well-Known Member

Yes, starting last year they get money... but none in prior years... Heck last year WE sort of got paid, FREE shipping, FREE paddock tent, and FREE entries.. not bad..!

Check this pic out... does this look like a guy getting paid..?

[​IMG]

Ron

Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
  2. GoldStarRon

Grasshopper... hop on over... try it... you'll like it..!

Ron

3. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

The top name riders have ALWAYS been getting funds dude, there is a lot of back door cash traided over there, always has been, always will be! I recieved a bag of CASH from a total stranger one day in the pits in 2003:clap:

I know One top rider there recieved a bag of CASH left in his motor home totalling 10-000 POUNDS, FACT buddy

4. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

What Ron said man, it is bloody awsome

5. doublea

doublea Well-Known Member

That.
    That is awesome, Badass pilot working on his own bike is Badass+3.

6. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

Ron, you are obviously an enthusiast and have been to the island plenty

But don't be naive...if you have won a TT or been on the podium, then you are being paid to race at the Classic. Why do you think so many showed up when the Classic was formed?

This is all fact, not hearsay

7. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Good news, my wife has ordered information packets from the Isle...

8. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

congrats it is a buzz

9. GoldStarRon

Looks like my pal Ollie will be in the TT this year... oh my.. a new entry, a Paton in the TT.!

That should bring some additional interest..!

Ron - I don't want a pickle.. just wanna ride my motor sickle...

10. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

shame the Tigcraft has not been homolgated, that bike seriously rocks

11. GoldStarRon

Oh I should of said thanks for popping my IOM cherry... Geesh... is nothing sacred..??

Ron

12. GoldStarRon

You know, I had to re-think this all... being I was talking about the Manx Grand Prix and not the TT... Have either of you raced in the Manx..?? Hmmm...

Ron

13. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

rrrrrrrr, I guess maybe some thing to do with the title of thread Ron, we may have gotten a bit confused eh about what racing we were talking about

14. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

I'm cold and tired of this damn snow.

Let's talk about the ins and outs of going over to watch the race. I know 2014 is out, but I'm going to start planning for 2015. From what I've heard, it's probably not too early to be thinking about it.

What's prompting me now is that I just received a random internal company email from a guy who grew up on the Island. My company is pretty large and based in the UK. We have this sort of Facetoob type internal site to encourage collaboration. They actually want it to be both professional and personal stuff, so I listed every motorcycle race or organization I could think of under interests and this guy randomly send me an email saying he saw that I put down Isle of Man. Longer story just long, over the last couple days we've been chatting some about his and my racing interest and a little about visiting for the TT. His Mom's front door apparently opens to the course in Kirk Michael.

Anyways, he suggested coming for both weeks. I was originally thinking of only one. Is the first week set up and practices and the 2nd week the races, or are the races over 2 weeks?

He also thought I might be interested in renting a motorcycle while over there. While I would enjoy exploring the whole Island, is it just too crazy on the roads to actually get enjoyment and value out of it. I know If I lived over there, I'd definitely ride mine there, but I'm coming from the US and wouldn't just want my bike to be parked most of the time. Maybe for one of the weeks or only a couple days? I heard there is decent public transport to get around so I don't think I'd need it to move around during the races.

What is actually the best way to get to the island? Everyone seems to take the ferry. Is it just hard and expensive to fly in? Is it actually better, more flexible, to ferry in? I'm guessing if I rented an MC it would be on the mainland and then have to ferry over anyways.

We can talk housing later, but this should do for questions now.

Thanks

15. GoldStarRon

First of all, it is not too late for this year. There are always cancellations on the Ferry, plus they will add extra sailings if the demand is there.. Lodgings usually have cancellations as well.

OK, it is not much more to fly than the ferry. The guys that whine and snivel are taking 4 or more wheeled vehicles. Foot passengers can get a sailing a lot easier. The only issue is luggage, the air plane folks will charge you for your luggage, while the ferry boat lets you take as much as you want, no charge (yet).

And then I would not be doing my duty if I failed to mention the Manx / Classic TT. Lots of availability in late August. I hope to do the Ulster then the Manx, as they but up to each other, date wise..

I always say it is the most fun you can have with your clothes on.. (I also often say it is better than MOST of the sex I have ever had..).

Ron :)

16. doublea

doublea Well-Known Member

17. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

very interesting...

I spoke with Jimmy before Macau and did not know he was considering coming back...

I'll have to give that crazy mofo a call today to see what's up

18. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

I'm actually winging the whole trip. Flights are booked in and out of Manchester. How I get over to the Island I still don't yet. Might fly, might take the boat. Everything I have / need will be in a backpack. I plan on camping at the Suldy Claddagh but am not opposed to staying other places. I will have all the camping / living gear I need on my backpack. If I forget something hopefully I can buy it. Any suggestions for roughing it like I am are appreciated. I'm meeting up with a group of work friends that are based out of Manchester that have gone to the TT as spectators over the years many times.

19. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

Take your rain gear . . . .

Cheers,

Dave

20. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

:up::up::up::up: