1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trump is a Winning Machine

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by blkduc, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope, been a LONG time since a run out to Seattle or Portland.

2. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Private debt is OK if you have something to back it like real estate. Same with public debt generally. Maybe all of the land the US government owns is still worth more than the national debt, but likely it won't if we keep going the way we have been.

3. speeddaddy

speeddaddy Well-Known Member

How do you propose funding for all the growing social programs? Oh right, raise taxes on the rich. Borrow till you can't even afford the interest payments? Great long term plan.

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

OPM, PMM

5. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

you didn't answer either question which weren't directed at you. i'll wait...

6. speeddaddy

speeddaddy Well-Known Member

And I'll wait till you grow up, might be a while.

7. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Best get a pillow, sleepyhead. I won't be wasting my time debating the failure of Keynesian economics with you.

8. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I don't think pickled egg said either of the things that you are questioning him on...
    Now one for you. Can you explain what part of that graph past 1980 looks like a "healthy" economy? And that does not even show where the floppy eared fucktard and his croneys doubled the national debt and pushed the debt over 100% of GDP. Bush was bad and Obama just caught another gear, threw the Mad Max switch to engage the supercharger and mashed the nitrous button. Or is it irrelevant and you can just stack the fuck out of the debt with no adverse effects? I am pretty sure that a rapidly increasing debt to GDP ratio with no real indicators of the trend reversing is not really what most would consider a good indicator of a healthy economy...
    [​IMG]

9. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Seems like a healthy economy

[​IMG]

10. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Yeah, looks like its leveling off. :crackup:

11. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I still don't get how you can have near over 45 million people that cant feed themselves??
    Oh thats right we turned it into a "convenience" with debit cards for the able bodied. :rolleyes:

12. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

answer the questions first. then i'll get to yours. i'll wait.

(the "i don't wanna cause i can't" response isn't good enough. he's a big boy... stop sticking up for him.)

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Easy, you give free food/money to people who spend what money they have on essentials like cell phones and laptops and xboxes and cable tv and flat screens to watch it on.....

14. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

Who's soaking up all the treasuries?

[​IMG]

15. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Give me a credit card with no limit and no need to pay it back and I'll show you irresponsible spending and grift.

But you already knew that.

Welcome to the Weimar Republic, where history doesn't matter and fiat currency is flammable.

16. Quig

Quig Well-Known Member

I find it sad that I knew exactly what you were abbreviating within about a third of a second of reading it...

17. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

LOL, I thought you would like that. :D

18. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

It would be quite ironic if the incoming administration were to put pressure on the Chinese by warming relations with the Russians in the opposite way of Kissinger / Nixon. Not so much in the interest of setting up nuclear arms negotiations, but rather, to keep the South China Sea open for trade.

19. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

How many times have we discussed this issue and you still don't get it. Public or private, it doesn't matter. Debt is debt. Sooner or later the money runs out, the well runs dry, and the scrambling begins. When the train comes to a stop on private debt, and you cannot get any more advances on your name, or collateral, you go to the Government for all the freebies that you can get then public debt gets involved. Regular taxpaying and working people start supporting you and the debt climbs more and more. Why, no problem you say, we'll just print more bucks. Yeah, that will do it. ♪ we're in the money, we're in the money♫

Oops, we seem to be having an inflation problem. Oh well, we'll just change the borrowing rates and that will fix that. Wait! it's not working. Now the public is losing confidence in Washington. (again) They stop buying bonds and other Government instruments. Now we're seeing a more serious problem arise. (again)

It goes on and on simply because Washington still believes in the self-serving methods of governance. Tax and spend, tax and spend. The people can pay for it all.

Until the money runs out.

20. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Faces change, the game's the same. They're playing Chess and we're the pawns.