1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trump is a Winning Machine

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by blkduc, Dec 14, 2016.

1. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Fixed

2. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

I don't watch it and couldn't give a rat's ass about it. I just find it funny that leftists likely have their panties in a bunch over it.

3. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Okay, okay, don't get your panties in a bunch.

Quicktoy likes this.
  4. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I have no problem speaking ill of any politician but you need to be accurate. I'm still lost as to what Reagan should have been doing about Aids and why you seem to think he was some sort of gay hater. No way he got elected as the president of SAG twice being a homophobe...

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Except for the amount of HIV and other communicable diseases spread through needle sharing by drug users.... So she was championing against the spread of HIV effectively. Got anything that makes sense? :D

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I don't know anything about what he thought of homosexuals but things have changed a bit since he was in Hollywood.

stk0308 likes this.
  8. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

I really should stop making stuff up.........

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/mar/11/nancy-ronald-reagan-aids-crisis-first-lady-legacy

https://www.washingtonpost.com/life...9d59e8-e483-11e5-a6f3-21ccdbc5f74e_story.html

https://www.vox.com/2015/12/1/9828348/ronald-reagan-hiv-aids

https://time.com/4256333/hillary-clinton-nancy-reagan-aids/

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well yeah now you have to openly actively either be gay or support gay folks over straight folks no matter what but at the time he was pres there were no secrets within the Hollywood community, it was just a secret to the fans.

G 97 likes this.
  10. G 97

G 97 Garth

And amazingly enough anyone could just about reduce their chances of contracting the AIDs virus by 100% by refraining to engage in two distinct activities. Can’t argue the correlation between contracting it and participating in either of these two lifestyle activities. I don’t even have too mention the two activities as they are so widely known. It isn’t exactly indiscriminate like cancer.

Its silly to even bring up Ron and Nancy Reagan as being responsible or complicit. Pretty stoopid of people who do.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nothing you posted has anything to do with what I said. Unbunch your panties and pay attention. Kind of like all those pissed about the Reagans should do because they couldn't have done a damn thing about it while he was in office.

12. G 97

G 97 Garth

:stupid: Pretty sure those inside the Hollywood circle were fully aware of most everything.

13. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Fixed. ;)

G 97 likes this.
  14. G 97

G 97 Garth

I was trying to give a little benefit of the doubt.
    You see, I’m compassionate like that. :crackup:

15. Fonda Dix

what you posted was accurate but did not change that what I posted is true. So I am not sure what our disconnect might be.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What you posted was an attempt to bitch about Nancy and drugs which is amusing but useless 30 years down the line. It also attempts to blame the Reagans for not doing something about aids which at that point no one including them understood or could do anything about. Hindsight is great but useless for assigning some sort of blame. So what you posted is not actually true...

17. Fonda Dix

Incorrect. What I posted was what others (gays and the left) bitch about when it comes to Reagan.

I love the woman and have no gripes about her.

What I posted:
    The leftist cudgel against Reagan related to AIDS is that his wife chose to continue championing the totally ineffective Just Say No drug campaign instead of AIDS research.

Nowhere in there do I say that I hold that opinion. Sorry if I was confusing.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ah, got ya.

Fonda Dix likes this.
  19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I know it wasn't a secret inside Hollywood. What I'm saying is that just like in the general population, there were probably a lot more people in Hollywood who didn't care if their union leader didn't like gays.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Agreed but not enough to keep getting him elected if he were. Way too many of them in positions of power/influence were gay, if he hated them they wouldn't support him. Either way it doesn't really matter, never got the impression he had any sort of anti gay agenda at all which is what others seem to think happened.