1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trump is a Winning Machine

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by blkduc, Dec 14, 2016.

1. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Oh I don't know have you heard them speak in public, at times I question if they are even aware in general.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They're not aware of what life is like in the real world but they definitely keep track of who is banging who :D

sheepofblue likes this.
  3. G 97

G 97 Garth

4. Champer

Champer Well-Known Member

Definitely a good thing, though remember the context that through 2017 and 2018 it (deficit of goods with China) rose quite a bit.
    2016 - 2017 saw a $29b deficit increase
    2017 - 2018 saw a $44b deficit increase

Good news it's coming down though!

https://www.census.gov/foreign-trade/balance/c5700.html

5. kangasj

kangasj Banned

SInce mid 18 the deficit has started to go down. But ya, I'm sure it should have started decreasing the day Trump took office......cause that's how things work.

Click on the 10 year....

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/balance-of-trade

6. Champer

I was talking about with respect to China alone.

The note about the increases was to help explain why there is a currently large decrease. I would be really impressed if the large decrease happened after 2 years of consistent decrease, not 2 years of very large increase.

Obviously things don't change the day someone new steps into office - someone may want to remind the current administration of that fact while they are patting themselves on the back for some of the #'s they inherited.

R1Racer99 likes this.
  7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Unlike the previous administration that spent the first 6 years blaming the previous.

8. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

So to beat it you have to go back to Obama year one. That year was in the middle of a major recession and I don't believe the dollars are inflation adjusted. Compared to now where we are in expansion and 8 years of inflation has occurred. Takes a while to turn the ship. The tell will be if this continues next year. Even if they are still exporting via third countries it is raising their costs.

9. G 97

G 97 Garth

It’s trending in the right direction. Of course only time will tell.

10. Champer

Definitely agree

11. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Quicktoy likes this.
  12. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

13. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

The war machine is tight.

14. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

15. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

An interesting take on things......I like that quote by Aristotle to kick things off

speeddaddy likes this.
  16. G 97

G 97 Garth

Gobbledygook is gobbledygook. :confused:

17. Champer

18. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Where have the Democrats helped?

19. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

No, I blame that on the limp wristed Republicans. Good or bad, Trump caved on the first shut down because he wanted to make sure the military got paid. That spending bill was a joke. The hilarity is the democrats want to throw the debt in the republicans faces, yet the leading democrats for POTUS are going to make the debt look like child's play with with their budget proposals.

20. Champer

So for Trump's first 2 years (over 2/3rd's of his currently served time) while he had a Republican majority in both houses, he (I suppose it should be "we" and not "he") was on track to eliminating the Federal Debt? Or even the deficit?

Let's pretend: If everyone worked together during the 2019 shutdown, and the Rebuplican's got exactly what they wanted (the sticking point was funding for the wall) - would that budget have put the country on a course to eliminate the Federal Debt?