1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trump is a Winning Machine

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by blkduc, Dec 14, 2016.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Am I completely misreading this, or are you saying that you knowingly hire illegal immigrants? :confused:
    I'm only asking because of things you said about what should happen to people who hire them. So I'm thinking I'm missing something in the post above but I don't know what.
    Nevermind, I got to this part a couple of minutes later and got the answer I expected. :D

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Team Obama, Pelosi, Reid had 4 years of unfettered opportunity to fix the immigration laws in a way favorable to the Democrat party. IMHO, they do not want the problem fixed, They feed on division and their primary interest in immigrants (or any of their other sub-groups) is as a campaign issue.

3. G 97

G 97 Garth

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

5. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Huh? Analogies not a strong point?

6. jeffr1ey

jeffr1ey Well-Known Member

all fair points to certain extent. i agree some members of his cabinet are probably a good fit but there are others that are clearly not and the reason they are in the position is because of money or support they provided the president at some point. for example, I do not think Devos is a good fit, not that it really matters. I also don't really have much issue with some of the deportation stuff going on. based on reports, a lot of them had opportunities to become legal citizens, but did not follow through. and i agree it is the law. i understand the general purpose of the EO, but it was handle very bad and that was more my point. it also excluded other countries where terrorists have originated like Saudi Arabia.. i don't really understand our partnership with Saudi Arabia other than oil at one time. the execution of the EO proved to be a larger issue of incompetence of the administration. again, that's my opinion. i also think there is more to the story in terms of Russia and only time will tell on that one.

7. jeffr1ey

jeffr1ey Well-Known Member

lol.. so there are many layers to the issue, the contractor should have some liability in that situation. and i'm sure he is doing for his own financial gain. i don't fault you, but it starts with the consumer to a certain extent.

you take the illegals away, then you have a bunch of pissed off contractors. you make the illegals legal, then you have a bunch of broke contractors. there is no easy fix. but it is more than just illegals living here cheating the system, there are those who enable it. and i'm not innocent of it either and i'm not saying i am.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

If the illegals are out of the picture, then prices will rise to cover the true cost of business...that might be another reason that DC doesn't offer a real cure.

turtlecreek, rd400racer and jeffr1ey like this.
  9. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

BAN him!

that was completely uncalled for. lol

id really like to know what is your reasoning for such devotion to convincing all us knowitalls of anything otherwise.

10. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

So the green card holders were in detention until Benedict Robart decreed from on high?

Alternative "facts" indeed. :rolleyes:

11. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

I don't know about that Rick. I have this feeling that Pelosi, Obama, and most of the Democratic leadership doesn't really give a rat's ass about the immigrants, legal or otherwise, and are just using them as assets to try to stay in power. They seem to have always paid lip service to the poor and downtrodden without actually doing much to really help them. Any fool can understand human nature well enough to know that when you just hand someone money then that person will only stand there with their hand out waiting for the next payment.

The original social programs such as Social Security and Medicare were well thought out and required the people to have some skin in the game by having to pay for the program. Over the last 30 or 40 years more and more people have been added to those programs that do not necessarily support it with their own money. Just about all those additions were simple vote purchasing. (IMHO)

12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Orvis I think that is pretty much what I was saying. You went into more detail, but no, their concern about the "little people" is not ever being one again.

13. brex

brex Well-Known Member

And I have this feeling that 2+2=4.

14. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Here's what I want to know, and I'm not taking sides. I just want the true facts. Is this immigration issue REALLY a problem? What is the actual cost of illegal immigrants? And what is the cost if they are gone? Deep down inside, the sceptic in me thinks this is another of the fabricated issues the pols throw upon us to keep our minds off of the real problems, like crappy education, a completely broken infrastructure or the loss of good middle class jobs.

Does anyone have the true answer to the immigration "problem"?

15. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Some light reading:

Cato Institute on Immigration and the economy.
    Cato Institute on Immigration and terrorism.
    Cato Institute on Immigration and crime.

Whatever you do, don't rely on folks on here to tell you much that is meaningful or true.

jase, speeddaddy and rd400racer like this.
  16. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Unless you're a liberal. Then, 2+2=8. (They'll tax you twice.):D

17. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Very interesting and informative research. Thanks.
    What each of the three articles says is not all that surprising so I suspect that one of the reasons that so many people raise hell about immigration, especially illegal immigration, is that so many of we citizens feel resentment toward some foreigner coming into our country and committing crimes when we can do a much better job than they can. (I'm only half joking)

As far as jobs are concerned, Mexican, and other immigrants, that come into the US are accused of taking jobs away from we citizens yet I would bet that if every Mexican immigrant left overnight, leaving all those low paying jobs, there would be very few native citizens stepping up to fill the positions. (We're above that ya know.) Hell, it was that way even in the fifties and sixties. Most natives want to start out at a level just under the boss.

I suspect that most of us, without thinking, sometimes crawl onto the bandwagon of hell raising anti-immigration fools simply because someone else is crawling on the wagon and we just get caught up in the chaos. (We have to have something to raise hell about since we cannot control what happens in Washington.)

:D

18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

For me Orvis, it's a little more simple...it a matter of respect for the law. Why should some have to go through an arduous process and others get a pass? Make the process reasonable and then enforce it for EVERYONE, but then you don't have an issue or a lock on a block of voters.

gixxerreese and crashman like this.
  19. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Yup, this is the key. The left does not give a shit about immigrants, they want the votes so they have reframed the issue once again to portray themselves as the good guys. Our last two Democrat presidents were on record many times talking about stopping illegal immigration...easy to find their own words on youtube saying EXACTLY what Republicans are saying right now.

This is where the left is so much craftier than the right. They reframe arguments and move the finish line expertly.

Look at abortion, it has been changed to women's rights.

Global warming has been changed to climate change since the earth hasn't warmed up.

Preserving the voting process has changed to racism.

Pausing travel from terrorist factory countries has turned to anti-religion.

Police defending their lives has changed to racism, even when it's a minority cop.

Not voting for a corrupt elderly white crime boss lady has changed to racism.

Wanting to create jobs for the poor and get them off welfare has changed to racism.

Protecting the vulnerable by keeping gender separated restrooms has changed to anti tranny.

Protecting our national security, reducing human/drug/and gun trafficking, reducing taxpayer burden on supporting illegal aliens has been changed to racism. If Democrats cared about Americans or illegal (and legal) immigrants, they would be all over securing the border and improving the process. But they would lose the power of fear and that is all they have. If you look at any of the issues above, they have manufactured these issues to keep their subjects in fear.

Just look at our new POTUS. We now have the most liberal republican, anti-establishment, pro gay, pro woman, pro minority president ever in history and they have reframed him as the exact opposite. It's hilariously sad and pathetic. Before the election a popular theory was that he was going to throw the election at the last minute FOR Hillary because he is a well known democrat, which is true...he is basically a democrat! The left are masters of illusion because of their army of useful idiot puppets.

speeddaddy likes this.
  20. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

I do not disagree with your take on it. One of the problems that exists with our current immigration process is that it takes so long for a person to go through it many simply get impatient and come here illegally just to keep their families from starving. I really cannot blame them for that since I would do the same thing. For our Governmental process to take years to process a person that's trying to comply with the law is ludicrous. Months I can see, but years?

As I earlier stated, I agree that those that skirt the law to get here need to be sent right back to their place of origin to do it the legal way.