1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toy Hauler Info

Discussion in 'General' started by ScottyRock155, Jan 27, 2015.

1. DWhyte91

DWhyte91 Well-Known Member

It's not that I didn't want all that stuff but I didn't have the 20k budget. I don't want to have to unload my bikes to sleep and I wanted enough room for 2 adults, a baby, and a dog to relax comfortably. I also park close enough to the washrooms at the track that it isn't a huge deal. We have coolers and buy a bag of ice a day.

I want a big pimp RV with a 20ft trailer behind it but what I want and can have are two very different things.

2. Tiller15

Tiller15 TEAM GIXXER

:stupid:

I don't have the budget nor desire to spend $20k on a small Work and Play. I still would love to have something with at toilet, sink, fridge, microwave, etc. but just may not be possible.

I see you can get those amenities with the Stealth trailers, so I may look into it. I don't need 18 feet, so maybe going smaller trailer would help offset the cost of getting those features... *edit** scratch that. found a few prices listed on the web for the Stealth Camper trailer with kitchen, bath, etc. and they are just as expensive as a work and play, etc... The search continues..

Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
  3. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

You can get decent pricing on used stuff, keep your eyes open and look for a while and you can find good deals. Let someone else take the depreciation hit.

4. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

5. Tiller15

Tiller15 TEAM GIXXER

I would love for someone else to take the depreciation hit. it's just that, with camper reputations, I'm afraid of thinking I am getting a deal, but getting nothing better than a POS. It's so hard to know what toy hauler are built well these days, that I tend to gravitate towards a quality cargo trailer with the additions.

6. socal

socal Well-Known Member

Sorry to have missed you. I just sold this '06 Damon Astoria pacific Diesel pusher (just 23K miles) with an extended warranty and a brand new black 7x14 tandem axle interstate trailer for less than $80k

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

You could get a great little travel trailer (instead of a toyhauler) for ~$10K that gives you your sink, shower, bathroom, A/C, etc. Load your bike and most of your gear in the back of your truck, and throw the rest in the trailer.

Cons:
    Smaller water tanks than a toyhauler.
    You have to unhook the trailer to load / unload bikes (not a big deal)

Pros:
    Cheap.
    You get all of the amenities to make the track weekend comfortable.

8. Tiller15

Tiller15 TEAM GIXXER

The biggest con, for me specifically, that makes this not possible (unless upgrading tow vehicle also), is when your tow vehicle is an SUV :down:

And new tow vehicle on top just aint happening, plus I REALLY like not having a payment.

9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Don't egg him on or this will be his new tow rig

[​IMG]

10. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

This times a zillion.

11. DWhyte91

I did that for 2 seasons...never again. Get to the track, unhook trailer, unload massive pile of gear from around the bike, unload bike. Got 2 bikes? Things are twice as shitty.

Ya sure that doesn't sound so bad but when you have to start loading up at 4am because your not leaving your 15k race bike in the back of your truck overnight, it begins to suck a lot of D. I'll use the public washroom to be able to wake up, have a shower, jump in my truck, and drive away. Same deal coming home, park it and walk inside.

12. DWhyte91

Now that is a WANT!:Putter: If you took monthly donations I would have been all over that.

13. It wouldn't make enough of a difference. An extra 1mpg means I would be able to go an additional 36 miles before needed gas.

I don't let the truck get that close to empty anyway.

But even if I got an extra 5mpg, it wouldn't matter. It isn't about getting there sooner, it is just how I drive. I can't drive slow. I would be so fucking aggravated and torqued up by the time I got there that the whole day would be ruined.

14. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Something like this baby is what I will buy in the next few years and export it for here in New Zealand.

15. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Well-Known Member

Loaded up for Nola round one
    [​IMG]

16. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

^^^
    Is there a way to sleep in a bed without opening the tip-outs?

17. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Well-Known Member

No, the tip outs take about two minutes though and allow me to sleep without unloading so I'm ok with the trade off.

18. ahastings

ahastings Well-Known Member

If you guys are looking for bargains and dont mind doing some work to them I bought my RV at this site that sells bank repos. They do get quite a few toyhaulers too and have a few locations around the country. www.crankyape.com

19. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Perfect.
    Funny how that doesn't seem like a big deal until you roll into the track after midnight after working all day... :up:

20. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I was thinking it would be nice if it were really bad weather, you found yourself in a rough neighborhood, or some other situation where it would be nice to have more than cloth between you and the outside.