1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toy Hauler Info

Discussion in 'General' started by ScottyRock155, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

I pull mine with a 2011 Silverado 1500, 5.3l. I do have the weight distribution hitch that helps quite a bit.

Dry weight on the trailer is exactly 5,294lbs. It's fully loaded for a weekend except for water (fill at the track), and it probably comes in around 6,500lbs with everything in it.

I get exactly 8.0mpg whenever I tow.

2. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Actually I would say don't look for a lot of difference in your mpg. Going 62-63 I get 12 towing my 6x10, 11 towing the Jayco or the hobbi. That is one of the reasons the 6x10 is going away, when I can take my own bath room for 1 less mpg there is no choice to make. If you go faster the difference will become greater but not a bunch.

3. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

Chevy Duramax 3500 dually.

One thing to add.

Get a 5th wheel. A lot easier to maneuver than a ball tow and you can go longer

I used a 7x14 prior to the RV

4. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Bingo.
    8.5 pulling the Raptor vs. 10-11 pulling my 6x12... Makes it a pretty easy choice. :beer:

5. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Thanks to the OP for starting this thread, I am now talking direct with Www.livinlite.com about there product. They look friggin awsome and very well priced I think. I could live in one for a few months over there easily, and then export it to New Zealand. If any one on here has any links to used dealers of these, please post it up. LA side of the country would be best for me.

6. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Have you done the math to see how much time you'd save by driving slower but being able to stay on the road longer (not losing half an hour or more fueling up so often)?

7. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

LA=Lower Alabama?:D

8. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Probably about as Much time as you wasted trying to explain something like that to Broome....:crackup:

9. dickie doo

dickie doo Well-Known Member

Hey Broome, do you notice that the fuel tank in these trucks SUCKS ASS?

I feel like I'm always having to pull over for fuel, and it annoys the shit out of me.

10. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

No, I think that's just a byproduct of towing big ass fucking trailers. I do admit I am a huge worry wart (yeah I just said that) about running out of fuel, so I start looking for places around 200 miles (I have a Dodge). I give myself some extra time/fuel because you can't just swing into any place that sells diesel when you got a massive 5th wheel attached to the truck.

11. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Well-Known Member

My little rig , sleeps 4 . Shower, toilet, sink, lots of storage, decent size awning, and weighs a touch over 3k pounds.
    [​IMG]

12. fullmetalF4i

fullmetalF4i C. Lee #826

I miss my 6x12 greatly (sold it a few years ago) but now Im in limbo of if I want to get into a small toy hauler (i really want my own bathroom at the track and would like something a bit easier to load when tired than the bed of the truck) or just go back to the enclosed trailer. I'm running a silverado 1500 at the moment and won't be upgrading the truck for my towing.

13. Tiller15

Tiller15 TEAM GIXXER

I LOVE these, but damned they're expensive!! I know a guy who had a LOOK brand trailer built with a side pop-out like that (6x12), AC, insulated, power. Just minus the toilet, shower, stove, etc.. You read up on any of those before snagging that one?

14. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

A horse trailer with living quarters is a good option. This way, the fuel/oil smell doesn't permeate throughout the trailer and you can just hose out the back end in case a bike or "friend" goes poo back there.

15. DWhyte91

DWhyte91 Well-Known Member

I have one but its 7x18 (3ft V). It was $8900CA out the door and I love it. Steel frame and the weight is pretty low. It says 2500lbs on the ownership but I haven't weighed it to verify.

[​IMG]

16. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

What about those extra tanks you mount in the bed?

17. Tiller15

Tiller15 TEAM GIXXER

Is that a LOOK brand or another?

Could you PM me some more details? Maybe a couple shots of the inside? $8900 is a hell of a lot better than the $17k minimum for a Work and Play..

18. DWhyte91

DWhyte91 Well-Known Member

It's a stealth trailer but wether they actually build it or just put they're name on it I don't know. That price included two windows, rv door, upgraded wheels/tires, and a tubular wall studs. It also had the white walls as standard.

Here's a bad pic and the only one I have of the inside. I'm going to tear that flooring out and put down laminate in the spring. All the cabinets were purchased at Lowes.

[​IMG]

19. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

I don't understand why you wouldn't want a bathroom, fridge, etc.?

20. dickie doo

dickie doo Well-Known Member

Funny you say that... I'm mounting another 26 gallons in the bed this week. I hate stopping with a 38ft trailer, and this will allow me 500 miles before stopping.

Also, now I can beat Broome to the track... because he has to stop and buy fuel and all the waters.