1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Top Gear Jeremy Clarkson finally done?

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Mar 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

That car got a bit crispy.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

The insurance adjusters for the show must've been none too pleased since that thing is priced a little over $1mil USD if I remember correct.

CRA_Fizzer likes this.
  3. Phl218

Phl218 .

Wonder who’d insure that show anyways. With this possibility of destruction The rates must be so high, they can basically cover that out of their high budget themselves I guess. Does the show buy the cars and sell them afterwards? Or are they provided by the manufacturers?

4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

It depends on the cars. I think most of them are loaned to them from the manufacturers free of charge for the publicity. Sometimes the rarer stuff they pay to rent from private owners. And the cheapo shitboxes they just buy outright.

https://www.quora.com/Who-pays-for-the-cars-on-Top-Gear
    http://www.bbcamerica.com/anglophenia/2011/05/whats-it-like-to-lend-your-car-to-top-gear
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-comfort-zone-Australia-s-rugged-Outback.html

There's only 8 of those Rimac Concept One's in existence (7 now I guess). 4 went to the US, 2 to the UK and 2 to UAE....so I'm thinking that might have been a private owner's car that they torched.

Phl218 likes this.
  5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

New episode (2) just released. They are in NY

6. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

The first episode was awesome. Something about it felt more like the old show, I can't tell what it was but it just felt more normal. The first season of GT was just a bit awkward. So maybe they have their mojo back! I know I'm liking it so far!

7. blkduc

Ok it's been quiet here. Are y'all watching it? This season is awesome. I just watched the last one and Hammond drove the Ripsaw. Jeremy did a Farmkhana video that was hilarious. They definitely have their mojo back!
    :clap:

Phl218 likes this.
  8. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

I continue to watch it. I’d have to agree that they got their mojo back again.

Ninja edit: I SOO wanna take that Jag out on their new celebrity track.

9. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I'm still watching it. In fact I catch them on Thursday as soon as they become available when its Friday across the pond already.

I find the celebrity face off to be tedious and annoying so far. Rest of the format I'm liking. I would like them to go into a bit more character development of the new female race driver that replaced The American. All she does is stay "OK, lets go" and takes off and doesn't offer up much else. Even the Stig completely silent seemed more amusing because of his inflated persona by proxy.

Phl218 and CRA_Fizzer like this.
  10. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

I hate the interview part of the celebrity face off. The racing format, I’m kinda digging.

11. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

They're mostly like C-list celebrity nobodies. No more Tom Cruise and Will Smith and Cameron Diaz and shit like that.

Funkm05 likes this.
  12. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

I really miss when they "built" stuff, like in the old Top Gear...

13. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Phl218 likes this.
  14. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

I fast forward through the celebrity idiots portion. Honestly. Who cares? They are taking a jaguar through gravel and then onto paved road dragging mud across it. The track is constantly changing. Zero actual idea of who's faster.

15. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Sooooooooooooooooooooo glad they got rid of "The American".

16. blkduc

Yeah me too. I like the new driver but I agree with above comments that they should develop her a bit more. Have her talk more or give her face time. Or even better, have her insult the boys while she's driving laps or something. I had to look her up to figure out her race career.

17. BigBird

BigBird blah

I just watched the Up GTI portion and ripsaw. Meh.

18. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

The interviews are horrible and so is their celebrity lap time "track." Haven't caught the latest ep, but so far this season hasn't been up to par compared to season 1 of Grand Tour, even with the stupid American gone.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Hell yeah me too!

On the show overall it's as ridiculous as the original show, I'm good with that, it still entertains me even if I know all the jokes and bits.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Give it a bit, I'm sure they're still waiting to see of the BBC sues them.

Phl218 likes this.