1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Top Gear Jeremy Clarkson finally done?

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Mar 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

The boys are in Colorado driving Jags. This one has started pretty funny so far.

2. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

I've been down that canyon road, it's 141 south of Grand Junction, it's epic.

3. blkduc

Ok so you have to watch the new episode, it's awesome. They tell the story of how Lancia beat Audi in World rally 1983. They tell the whole story and it's an awesome part of race history...watch it.

Jay305 and GrayGhost like this.
  4. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

I enjoyed the Lancia vs. Audi story the other day and found it entertaining with the "playing on the rules" so to speak.

Has the BBC abomination of Top Gear gone belly up completely now or what? I saw the Top Gear America or whatever they just had on a year or so ago but have been waiting on Mat LeBlanc to bring more motorcycles around the BBC version...

5. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Last season was Matt Lablanc and two other guys and i honestly enjoyed it. Once the screaming red headed moron was gone it turned into a better show.

Latest celebrity faceoff was ok, but id still like to see them post the board up against everyone else....i dont care whos faster between the two, i wanna know whos fastest overall...

6. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

That's a good question. I just realized that I haven't tuned to BBC America on my TV in probably over a year. Have no clue what they are up to these days, don't really care either now that the original trio have their own show again.

Apparently they are on Series 24 of the Top Gear show as of 2017. Pretty sure I haven't watched any of the episodes. https://www.topgear.com/show/series-24

7. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

They had an actor, a drag racer and "Wookie" doing a version of Top Gear after that but I "cut the cord" and have been out of the loop of upcoming television stuff...and the latest Shaq commercials.

8. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

It'd be interesting to see what the viewship is comparing the 2 shows. Obviously the BBC show is more accessible as you need an Amazon Prime account to watch GT.

9. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

The roll cages... wow

10. blkduc

I said "F that!" out loud. Those guys had some awesome tactics to game the rules, and then they had some suicidal tendencies in execution. I don't get how the main driver who didn't care about being world champion would drive with that roll cage...if you are just there to have fun, why risk your life?
    That homologation rule breaking was hilarious. I love a good underdog story and that was one of the best. That was just an awesome piece of race history. I might watch that again.

CRA_Fizzer likes this.
  11. crusty9r

crusty9r Human Lawn Dart

He said he didn' like jumps. With that roll cage, I wouldn't like jumps either...

12. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

I liked his view on the whole safety thing when friends said the car was a death trap - "I'm not planning on crashing it." Racers think differently, as we all should know. That guy definitely had different views on life.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's funny - I have Prime since long before I ever watched videos with it - and no access to BBCA.

14. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

15. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Last episode of series 2 just finished. Mehh, I dunno I didn't really like this one too much. The whole episode was a road trip through Mozambique.

16. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

I don’t think they’re doing enough of the “cheap car” road trips through random destinations. Those have always been the best. Allow us to live vicariously on crazy adventures.

17. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

You might like this one then. In fact its 2 cheap cars and Hamster is on a REALLY cheap motorcycle.

Funkm05 likes this.
  18. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

How could you not like this one?? I’m lol’ing. May dumping water all over himself. :crackup:

19. MotoGP69

MotoGP69 Well-Known Member

Yep. My kids got out of bed to see what the hell I was laughing at!

Funkm05 likes this.
  20. blkduc

It was weird having Paris Hilton on doing a lap. I always thought she was ugly but seeing her now with a little age on her...she is actually looking kinda hot.