1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thoughts on V6HW V7HW class structure

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Outsider V6 V7, Nov 21, 2019.

1. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Man has to have priorities Sir.

Steven

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:D

I do need any Vintage ideas - or at least any people currently have - by early next week. Just pushing because it made me laugh.

3. Outsider V6 V7

Outsider V6 V7 Well-Known Member

Dang Sean, I emailed you the V6HW rules proposal 30 seconds ago, can't believe it's not been approved. LOL Let me know if you have questions or concerns.
    Eboz

4. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

What about V7HW?

5. Outsider V6 V7

I'll be handling V7HW Quid Pro Quo as I've gotten big dollar offers to allow the 2003 R6 into V7. What's your offer Scott? LOL my plan is to submit it Friday as I'm trying to figure out best way to say, current V7HW, plus previous big bore V6HW plus current Next Gen 2 plus ZRX1100 and 1200 and bandit 1200 oil cooled.

6. ScottyRock155

All of that sounds reasonable except the R6 thing. :D

7. Outsider V6 V7

The R6 statement was a joke people, please don't be triggered by that statement. LOL Seriously though I'm working on V7HW tonight.

8. Outsider V6 V7

Scott do you have one or both bikes ready to go.

9. ScottyRock155

Only one is race ready, the other runs but needs a few things to be race ready.

10. Outsider V6 V7

OK folks I've submitted both V6HW and V7HW proposals to Sean to review and release for discussion if he chooses. If people get behind these and actually show up it would be a blast at VMD especially in the V7HW class. In a nutshell the SRAD, TL, any year ZX7 1993-2002, Zx9 1994-97 I added this as the 1993-1998 CBR 900 RR was already legal in the class and the 1998 900 was Superstock only. For reference the B series ZX9 was fast but weighed a ton and is considered by all to be more of a sport touring MC. The RS and TZ two strokes up to 1999. These were already eligible and a blast to race with. my suggestion is we try this format for a year then discuss. To be eligible in next years discussion you must have raced in 2020.

11. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

I got some base numbers on a couple HW bikes. I think that class is going to be awesome.
    Did I miss somewhere about letting the mid 90s SRAD600 in Mw since the zx6 is allowed?
    I.ask cause I've got a couple locals that swear if they were allowed they would race. Granted everyone swears.
    Anyways heres the HW numbers for the SRAD 750, 900Rr, zx7

Attached Files:

12. Outsider V6 V7

I did not submit any rules suggestions for MW classes as I have no dog in that fight. I did state that any bump to proposed V7HW would need to be legal for current V7MW class or V6HW class.

Dyle likes this.
  13. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

I submitted that 97/98 srad 600 be let in.
    Honestly dont know if there is any difference in later carb Srad models till they put FI on them.
    So anyone know please chime im.
    I stopped sprint racing 600s in 98 and endurance raced only.
    So any other thoughts post them up because hopefully we can get more vintage racers on grid in coming yrs.

Steven

Dyle likes this.
  14. Outsider V6 V7

Wasn't trying to ignore you MW guys just thought you two would make an effort to contact those who have raced over the last few years and perhaps start a V7MW post for more visibility. Like I said that is not my monkey show. LOL I'm sure I'll hear a million complaints from people who have never or have no plans to race in the HW classes.

15. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Well I'm gonna complain just because I'm me and now I have to try harder and have to lose weight and try to be as sexy as Eboz is!
    And we all know I dont have a chance on that one.
    Kinda why I chimed in on MW.
    This is a start.
    So if it hurts some for the benefit of others then so be it.
    Its what's best for Wera vintage in long run.

Steven

Outsider V6 V7 likes this.
  16. ScottyRock155

Thank you for the effort to initiate change and hopefully grow these classes.

17. Outsider V6 V7

Thanks Scott, looking forward to chasing you around in the new V7HW

18. Outsider V6 V7

Steven, appreciate the willingness to open up your class and hope both our changes improve turnout.

VFR#52 likes this.
  19. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

I knew you weren't brother. I was just trying to mooch in on the opportunity. I dont know how many of the ol MW guys I can drag back out. I think I own most of their stuff now. But I'm willing to build 2 more class legal bikes and I've got a son in law joining in after a bit more track time. But i like the zx6 being there like Chuck D, Don's 748, i just dont know the bikes aside from my Honda as well.as you Eboz. You are the Godfather my friend.

VFR#52 likes this.
  20. CLM81

CLM81 Well-Known Member

Did you suggest moving the 93-95 GSXR to V6HW?