1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thoughts on V6HW V7HW class structure

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Outsider V6 V7, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

I've pretty much proved every time I've raced that on not afraid to admit I am old and slow. Just look at my lap times.

VFR#52 likes this.
  2. CLM81

CLM81 Well-Known Member

I was slow in the 90's and Im slow now. If the rules change in V7HW can/will the 93-95 GSXR-W get put into V6HW? In 96 the old W bikes where completely outgunned(Ok, even in 93 -95 they where still slow) but I really dont want to have to race the SRAD bikes again.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
    Dyle likes this.
  3. Chris corven

Chris corven Member

After reading all this I would change the rules to allow other bikes in the class. If one or two people build a true superbike and walk all over everybody. Then tweek the rules again next year. If you gain five or six rides this year and with tweeking the rules to reclass the fast bikes the following year you might loose a one or two but you could gain and keep those other two. Bottom line it doesnt hurt to change the rules and try. You are not going please everyone and you will have alot of comments from the people who ride the pine. (Sit on the bench)

4. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

I think that's what Eboz was trying to do.
    750 Srad only in V7HW.

ScottyRock155 and Chris corven like this.
  5. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

As a general rule F3 600s have won HWV7 crown for a number of years now.
    My history knowledge of class tells me Lance ran a ZX7R with a 900 motor and won it a few yrs. Sorry if I left anyone out on winning on anything else.
    But Burns wins Races on YZF 750 but does not run full season.
    Think Eboz won it also on 7/11
    Ray may have also. Not sure.
    But it's time we try and grow Vintage V6 up classes and this is a start.
    I honestly dont see the benefit is spending 10k building a Superbike for V7HW.
    Just look at ARHMA and see how many that run there as an example.
    Just no resale value in doing this and most guys in V7 classes are older with most 50 and up
    It's just fun and cheap racing and it's not a mini. Lol

Steven

Chris corven likes this.
  6. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

We only allow to 98 on f3 o cut off the SRAD 600 at 97. But great discussion.
    I love how you take the time every year to hear us out. Thank you no mlm matter how it turns out. See ya in Feb.

CR750 and VFR#52 like this.
  7. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

Other than Hickman, aren't I the oldest in v7?

VFR#52 likes this.
  8. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

I'm 55 and sad to say the best looking
    But Eboz is the sexiest hands down

Steven

Outsider V6 V7 likes this.
  9. Outsider V6 V7

Outsider V6 V7 Well-Known Member

I think Steve and I are both 54 and Steve Wilkening may be 46. Ray was 70 this year. I'll put a final proposal together next week and will post here so people can comment. I'm staying out of the MW discussion as it affects bump ups and I don't have a dog in that fight. ie 600 SRAD. By combining Vintage classes already established it should help all obsolete vintage racing. I'll look at the Canadian classes and see if there's any parity between theirs and what I'm proposing. My ultimate goal is to have 15+ bikes at VMD consisting of several organizations and at least two countries. WERA used to run a race at Gratten that was the Can AM challenge. I remember seeing GSXR's, FZR's, ZX7's and even an RC 30. Those were the days. LOL

Dyle, VFR#52 and ScottyRock155 like this.
  10. Outsider V6 V7

on a positive note, I've just about finished my Laughing Clown Malt Liquor backup GSXR Don't be jealous.

Attached Files:

Dyle, ungwaha, Chris corven and 2 others like this.
  11. michael_chicago

michael_chicago Well-Known Member

Mike Reed here. AHRMA Next Gen II is a superbike class. However, bikes must run stock bore and stroke. And, no radial calipers.

Thst said, Mike Burns did a pretty thorough job of demonstrating how fast a mostly-stock bike can get around Roebling at the inaugural race last year.

Dyle and VFR#52 like this.
  12. Outsider V6 V7

Hey Mike, did you get yours all put back together. If I remember correctly both you and I crashed the same weekend. LOL

VFR#52 likes this.
  13. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Yep Mike does a really good job of making any bike he rides look special around a track everytime he shows up.
    He needs to realize he is old and should be slowing down. Bahhhahahhaha
    Be interesting to see who shows up this yr.
    What about you Reed?

Steven

Dyle likes this.
  14. 2Big4Bike

2Big4Bike Well-Known Member

Since we are discussing bike legality in V7HW, I wanted to verify and make absolutely clear in regards to the Z1000.

I understand that the rules state …"Z1000 regardless of year"...but I also know that was written a while ago.

Probably intended for the 1st Generation Z1000 (2003-2006). The newer Z1000 has a redesigned frame, larger capacity engine and radial brakes.

(There are some cool youtube videos with the Z1000 spec class racing in Europe.)

So the question is...at this point in time, with the Z1000 model continuing to be developed and released as new models...should the "regardless of year" statement be revised to be the Z1000 2003-2006 only?

The 1st Gen 2003-2006 is fitting for the class...non-radial brakes, 41mm suspension, not an abundance of power, and would probably be similar performance wise (except for the chassis), with the likes of the 1st gen Mille and the TL1000.
    I think with the continued development of the model, there should be a year limit of the 1st gen.

Regards,
    Chad

15. michael_chicago

michael_chicago Well-Known Member

Hi Eric. Yea, I was able to race on Sunday. Bodywork was a little rashed, and I needed a new clip-on and windscreen, but I was able to get it sorted in time. Andrew saved the day by welding up my damaged attack rearset too.

I appreciate your help coaching me around CMP. Really, it was great to meet you and Mike B at Roebling (and the TLR1000 fellow, though his name escapes me at the moment). I didn't make any AHRMA rounds last year, but hope to make the Spring races this year. FMRRA has just added vintage down here in Florida and we had 6 AHRMA guys show up at the season opener at PBIR a few weeks ago. There was a fast GSXR 7/11, SRAD 600, CB750F (900?) and a KZ650 (I think). I took the YZF, hoping to help demonstrate that vintage bikes will show up.

I like your idea of aligning the vintage classes with those of other organizations. Seems to make a lot of sense.

I trust you healed-up OK? You look pretty banged up.

Dyle likes this.
  16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Huh. No emails about these changes yet... Freaky.

17. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

Eboz! Mongo needs you to send the email! :Poke::D

18. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Lol. You have mail sir

Steven

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

20. Outsider V6 V7

Dang, I hate when my job interferes with my hobbies. LOL I'll try and pull it together this week.