1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thinking about a jeep...

Discussion in 'General' started by BrianC636, Jun 22, 2017.

1. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

2. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

There's tons of half tons for cheaper than $62K if you really need a V8 that bad. I'd assume that most owners are like me (always a dangerous assumption, I know) and didn't pay the sticker price for this vehicle's abilities as compared to other "trucks". I got it because I wanted something that could haul a few bikes in the back and wasn't a bland ass Taco or something similar.

ducnut likes this.
  3. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

Putting new BFgoodrich KO2s on wife’s Jeep in the morning. The stock very loud BFgoodrich T/As gotta go!

Took a ride with top off and doors off a month ago and couldn’t hear anything for those loud ass crappy stock tires. Never understand why they put those type tires on there to begin with. I’ve found no one that likes them.

4. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

I have KO’2 on my Silverado. They’re not exactly quiet and weren’t from the beginning. Worse is they’re only going to get louder as the tread wears down. If I were doing it over, I would’ve went with the Kumho AT51 I was originally looking at.

roy826ex likes this.
  5. roy826ex

I just put a set of KO2s on Duramax HD in March. They’re not bad noisy on that big heavy thing at all. Little roar at 35 mph and at 70 mph but nothing like those pos T/A tires that come on the Jeep. I have two friends who’s wives drive Jeeps and they both have been happy with KO2s on them. As is with the T/As you need ear plugs to ride in it with windows up, top on and stereo wide open.

ducnut likes this.
  6. Didn’t you get a divorce?

7. Toyo RT’s. Best all around tire IMO, or have 2 sets of wheels like me :)

omatter34 and ducnut like this.
  8. roy826ex

Nope not part of that disaster thread. Working on year 28.

9. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

No, the KO2’s aren’t extremely bad, but, on an uninsulated and open vehicle, they’d be more than I’d want.

Those Mud-Terrain T/A’s ARE horrible. Must be why one can order KO2’s in place of the Mud-Terrains on the new Rubicons.

roy826ex likes this.
  10. roy826ex

This Jeep never sees off road. It never sees really any interstate travel either. It’s only got 36k miles on it and it’s 3 years old. It just needs to get through the downtown busted up ghetto streets in the city for her to get to and from work without busting a wheel or a tire. It does that great!

She calls her commute her Rubicon trail. She used to drive sports cars but they stayed busted up with wheel and tire issues. Most of the people she manages at work are constantly repairing their suvs and cars due to the disrepair of the inner city streets. Not the Jeep it’s tough as all get out for that type stuff. Just needs tires now.

ducnut likes this.
  11. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Yea, those upgrades are planned, part of the issue is steering by wire. :(

12. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Electric power steering. Still a steering shaft in there. ;)

It’s bad everywhere. Where are you guys at?

13. roy826ex

Downtown Jackson, MS and the infrastructure fell apart 25 years ago. The city’s tax base left long ago so now nothing gets fixed or updated. Not even patched-up.

She works in the city but we live out in a neighboring county near the big local lake.

ducnut likes this.
  14. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

At least you still have the pig ear sandwiches!

15. roy826ex

No thank you!

16. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

I haven’t been through there, ~20yrs.

I live in small-town central IL. Buffett and the Dems have destroyed this area; no jobs left. Once the EPA-compliant coal mines and tax-burdened industries left, there’s no sustainable jobs left. Every town in the area is in the black, as the tax base is gone.

This is on top of 42% state income tax increase, as soon as JB took office.
    https://www.illinoispolicy.org/illi...r-will-be-among-most-expensive-in-the-nation/

17. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

*phew*

Was worried for a sec, there.....

ducnut likes this.
  18. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Given Section 8 is popping up everywhere around here and the waiting list is shorter downstate than in Chicago.......:(

19. If it doesn’t go off-road Toyo AT II

roy826ex and ducnut like this.
  20. roy826ex

Never off road but it got the KO2s this morning. Rides good, handles good, wife is happy and that’s all that matters.

ducnut likes this.