1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Things you would buy if you won the lottery

Discussion in 'General' started by Critter, Jan 8, 2018.

1. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

There are outliers on every bell curve...

Here's all you need to know about the sanity of that particular example... cut&paste from the wiki you linked:

Barbara Hutton habitually married:

1. 1933: Alexis Mdivani, a self-styled Georgian prince, divorced 1935
    2. 1935: Count Kurt Heinrich Eberhard Erdmann Georg von Haugwitz-Hardenberg-Reventlow, divorced 1938
    3. 1942: Cary Grant, divorced 1945
    4. 1947: Prince Igor Troubetzkoy, divorced 1951
    5. 1953: Porfirio Rubirosa, divorced 1954
    6. 1955: Baron Gottfried Alexander Maximilian Walter Kurt von Cramm, divorced 1959
    7. 1964: Pierre Raymond Doan, divorced 1966

I still think it would be difficult for me, now, to piss away such a sum in the possibly 30 years I have left this side of the dirtline. Me in my 20s would've given it hell, and I'd likely already be on the other side of said dirtline. ;)

2. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Not every distribution looks Gaussian. :Poke: :D

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You'd be surprised how quickly one could get used to a nine-figure yacht with a rum-guzzling chefs and a Gulfstream to fly you to the boat.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  4. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

It was about $9m/buy-in, $40k/annum, plus $12k/hour you’re in the airplane with NetJets a few years back for a Falcon 2000. So long as you don’t own the jet, it’s not terrible. Just make a phone call and you’ll have a jet somewhere in North America within 4 hours at most airports.

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I'm only saying that you can spend that money very easily if you want to.

6. opinion914

opinion914 Well-Known Member

I'd build a track and form a HWT and Supertwins series.

7. :rock::bow::clap::flag:

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You'd need the 282 mill to do it :D

9. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Werd. I’m saying that jets are surprisingly affordable, once you’ve reached a certain level (thanks Warren!). Yachts, on the other hand, I doubt there’s a quarter share program for that.

:D :D :D

10. opinion914

Let me restratigize.
    I'd buy 51% of AHRMA, and no candygram for Mongo.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You can't buy 51% of AHRMA. Evelyne would sell you all of WERA if you like.

12. opinion914

Took me 5 years to learn the names of the CCS guys/gals. Don't confuse me.
    Besides, I'm a prick to work for. ;)

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Evidently so am I, you'd be fine.

14. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

15. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

I would have a fleet of snowmobiles and ATV's, with a maintenance contract for all of them, as well as property up in northern Ontario and probably one in the Alberta/BC mountains. That way I could ride off road year round, and bring along anyone who I wanted to join me.

And I would finally build the 6000sq.ft shop that I keep planning on building

And I would get give my half of the RV dealership to my brother, because I would quit immediately.

16. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

hahaha i know man. i think it would be almost impossible for me, even purchasing every single material thing i've ever lusted after. its just an outlandish sum of money, and at the end of the day i'd still be wearing black tshirts and skate shoes and getting $5 tacos from the dope corner spot...

that chick's life was a godamn wreck. besides blowing money on insane parties out of who knows why... lonliness, competition, boredom, etc... each of those dudes took a chunk of her ass when it didn't work out. i think if i came into $200m i'd probably find it hard pressed to ever date again, let alone get married. heavy lies the crown and all that...

17. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I'ma win tonight, buy COTA, WERA, CMRA, NASCAR, and MOTOGP.

:D

OK, maybe just the first three.

18. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

how much do you think you could legitimately get a BSB type track paved and curbed for with fences and runoff and a paddock garage? that'd be all you really need... bbq pit, invite your friends over... this is a "you're gonna get kidnapped and murdered for ransom" type of money. better hope you don't live in a state that makes you report your name publicly.

19. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Imma buy a badass back scratcher. One with good claws and shit. Tired of them flea market cheapies. Maybe I'll hire Parrish to make one out of metal. Or some shit.

20. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Wait....I would hire a Japanese or German company to make me a toenail cutting machine. I'm talking something badass that you just walk into, stand there a sec, then back out with groomed, shiny, mud grips.

Or I could get Parrish to make one.