1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Things you would buy if you won the lottery

Discussion in 'General' started by Critter, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Phl218

Phl218 .

?

F yes.

Anything over 1 mill needs to be taken care of properly.

And a guerillia army in a2nd or 3rd world country is not that pricey.

Not sure if peoples maths are aligned but 1.6 trillion are 1600 millions

Effin army to run off poachers and corrupt politicians, not to invade countries.

Or however much it is right now.

2. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Don't MAKE me shoot your shit down. You've obviously never hired a blue whale army. Amateur.

3. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

A cheese factory.

4. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I would buy a submarine. With big-ass windows.

And a ~200 acre Caribbean island.

And hookers.

No blow. That shit's bad juju.

Plus, as a billionaire, why would you even need escapist life-coping mechanisms?

5. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

An all glass sub would be awesome as fuck. Don't be a window tightwad, all glass.

auminer likes this.
  6. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Dude you could buy the velveeta factory. Then send pictures of you touching random blocks of cheese to @Gorilla George. He’d go crazy wondering if you had touched his block of cheese or not :crackup:

cha0s#242, Gorilla George and Phl218 like this.
  7. auminer

Hellz yeah!

My bedroom right on the front!

[​IMG]

Phl218 likes this.
  8. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Hey I was gona start a cracker factory! Maybe we could partner up... call the product Cheezes Christmas.
    Maybe we could bring in a 3rd partner... one that makes water into whine? :D

9. Timothy Landon

Timothy Landon Well-Known Member

I would change my identity, open a Swiss bank account and disappear.

Banditracer likes this.
  10. galloway840

galloway840 Well-Known Member

I'm not much of a lottery player, per se, but my general rule of thumb back when it made sense, was to buy a ticket when it got to $200M or otherwise hit the news. So, at this point I've probably bought 5 or 6 tickets in my life, most of which were splits with a few friends. It is fun to imagine what you'd do with it, but knowing the odds, not to waste too much of my money.

That said, if I were to win it, I think I'd try to establish a self-sustaining foundation that could keep itself going into perpetuity. With the earnings, I'd try to make the world a better place, something like the Gates Foundation works on, but it would be my own spin. Charities, sure, but charities that put people to work trying to fix things through engineering, architecture, science, etc., not just giving out money.

Of course, it goes without saying that I'd like to live a life of semi-luxury while I'm at it. Nice house on a nice property, maybe one "in the city" to keep connected to folks, society, arts, culture and all that, plus one "in the country" to hunt, boat, ride mtn bikes and mc bikes. NC, most likely.

I could spend it all on stuff, but I'd like to make more of a difference in the world somehow.

auminer likes this.
  11. kevincg

kevincg Well-Known Member

I would by Yamaha an electronics engineer.

Phl218 likes this.
  12. auminer

My "difference in the world" would be more about animals than people.

Someone earlier mentioned a dog rescue sanctuary. That would be awesome, but I think getting to the root of the problem would be a more lasting solution. A full court press on 1) spay/neuter education 2) making spay/neuter 'cool' through an ad campaign with athletes & musicians & actors and shit and 3) funding low or better yet no-cost spay/neuter and 4)lobbying to pass and enforce laws involving higher registration fees on intact animals (LOTS higher)

Gorilla George likes this.
  13. I want one of those, except instead of fish I want hippos.

14. You can go by one of them now, even without winning the lottery.

15. Because that measlyass $150 million isn't worth the trouble? :crackup:

16. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Reminds me of an old joke from where I used to live....Kraft food was going to open a factory in Mario Andretti's home town.....It will be called Cheeses of Nazareth....

TurboBlew likes this.
  17. borislav

borislav Well-Known Member

My brother 1.6 trillion is 1600 billion which is WAY MORE than 1600 million!
    Nevertheless shit ton of money!

18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

What about the second largest dog?

cha0s#242 likes this.
  19. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

1st loser.

20. Lawd. :crackup: