1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The wait is over. Need help from the iracing gods on the beeb..

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, Apr 8, 2017.

1. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Well I'm finally in the "can't race because my shit is broken" group. Thankfully it was during qualifying but the cord that runs out of the back of my pedals wore through and cut one of the wires. I'm not sure why they put the cord facing away from the driver because in my case I have the pedals against the wall so it's always going to be pushing on it.

So now I either need to find someone to fix the wiring on the G29 pedals or upgrade. The Fanatec V3's seem like a good deal for $300, how much of a difference would they make?

assjuice cyrus likes this.
  2. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I have a set of G27 pedals I can loan you that has the Perfect Pedal brake and modified gas & clutch springs. The wires need to have an end put on. But if you're ok doing that stuff, it also include a Leo Bodnar cable that allows you to plug directly into your computer instead of the wheel.
    If you're going to continue with the service, save up and buy some HPPs or Heusinkvelds

3. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Best upgrade you will do. Don't think twice about it and order them today or get the csl elite pedals. I believe there the same just v3 have the vibration brake pedal, but I could be wrong, there may be more then that.

4. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

And at least for iracing, the vibration doesnt work, or doesnt do enough to make a difference. Havent had a chance to try another game yet though.

5. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

And you're comparing them to what ? G29
    Yes the CSR are an upgrade, but can hold either of the two I mentioned jocks.

6. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

The two you mentioned are also ALOT more monies...

7. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Like I said, fix the old and save. Otherwise you can buy the lower quality ones and end up selling them for a lot less than you paid.

8. BigBird

BigBird blah

so i got a taste of iracing, and it sure is addicting, but I guess like in real life, my hip doesn't like it. After a few laps, it started acting up :( and I sucked majorly anyway, so it's probably not for me. But before I logged off I tried one of those truck races, and what utter stupidness is oval racing.

9. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Are you sitting largely up right at a desk currently. Right hip..left hip? Maybe we can find a way to work around it by changing your seating position or changing the foot you brake with?

BigBird and G Dawg like this.
  10. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Or you could just replace the hip :)
    I'm putting of surgery to remove the bone spur in my right elbow until business slows down.
    If it was not for the anti inflammatory pills, I would not be able to drive .

BigBird likes this.
  11. BigBird

BigBird blah

it's really both, and the left will need surgery (FAI) . Last night, it was the right hip that was "repaired" acting up, and I used both feet right now to avoid going back and forth.

I'll have to try one of those seat pillows that I have in the GTI that helped a little bit in that car. But yeah, I was trying to set it up like I was in the minivan, but I have one of those stands with the stand that have a pole in the middle to go around also. Probably doesn't help the situation

Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
  12. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Think I see your problem right there. :D

You need a Recaro.

13. BigBird

BigBird blah

I like your style. The GTI has a super bucket seat that bothers my hip, but the Minivan doesn't, unless Recaro makes Race minivan seats :D

14. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

The pole in the middle probably puts you pushing on the pedals at a weird angle which won't help matters. The F1 seating position would put you pushing at a different angle as well that may help.

BigBird likes this.
  15. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Sparco !

16. Pittenger5

Yup, I have the same thing. This is my complaint with it, I def have to sit funny to be able to hit the pedals right.

17. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

@ Big Bird what pedals are you using ?
    You guys having problems with pedal position should look into removing them as in G27/29 from their base and mount them GT style {hanging}.
    That way you can arrange them to a more comfortable position

Attached Files:

18. BigBird

BigBird blah

I have junk in terms of wheel and pedals, a DFGT. I had it from my PS3 GT days, and wanted to see if I like iRacing, etc. The motor feedback is not that great, and the pedals are trash, but it's something.

19. Pittenger5

Its not that for me. Its I just have to move my leg around the bar to get to the brake, so my foot is at a 45 degree angle to the brake pedal. I have the pedals and mount moved all the way to the right too, Its just awkward with the bar.

20. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

So learn the right way to brake , with your left foot :)