1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The wait is over. Need help from the iracing gods on the beeb..

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, Apr 8, 2017.

1. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Yes

Quicktoy likes this.
  2. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Looks like you are well on your way down the rabbit hole now!!!!!:crackup:

code3ryder and Quicktoy like this.
  3. stevedave

stevedave Well-Known Member

Surprisingly the old DLPs, at least what I read, had response times in microseconds and refresh rates at 120 hz. So old it is hard to find the exact specs for my model, but that is what I was able to generally glean from the interwebs.

I'm already subscribed to the various facebook flea markets and classifieds. My biggest hurdle at the moment is that I'm not ready to invest in a full rig just yet. I know they are basic, but the playseat challenge seems like a good starting option since I'd like to be able to fold up and put away and I won't feel bad about that price point when I do buy a rig in the future. Problem is I doubt trying to use a DD wheelbase on one of those would turn out real well but I'd also like to only buy a wheelbase once and not feel like I have to upgrade in 6 months. Also don't want one that would frustrate me because of lack of feel.

Geez...I sound like a woman who can't make up her mind.

I'll keep your Vive in mind. I haven't researched VR too much yet.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

4. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Faaack. Ok. What do I need. Not breaking the bank but know I need a wheel and pedals and a shifter right?

5. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

1st rig.JPG
    My 1st rig. This is with a Clubsport. I ran it for a while with an Accuforce.
    No problem with DD
    If you can afford it, go Accuforce

6. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Damn. Ok. What about an intro kit lol.

7. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

He ya go ResizerImage1080X720.jpg

Last edited: Mar 6, 2020
  8. stevedave

I have no issues spending an extra $200 for accuforce DD vs fanatec 2.5, however I feel like that would require more $$ outlay and space for a formal rig which I was avoiding at first. I'll keep thinking

9. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Where do you live ?

10. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

Regular pedals
    Accurforce wheel if the money means nothing to you, though plan on replacing the wheel at some point.
    Get a rig without the bar between your legs

I started with club sport base and pedals, and a rig with the stupid bar. Been on VR the whole time so cant comment on monitors.
    I've now upgraded to HPP pedals, and accufoce base with my fanatec wheel, and a rig without a bar (next level racing), and an entire new computer.
    Only regret I have through the process is the stupid bar rig, everything else was more than capable, and faster than I am.

11. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

He lives. You planning on ever racing again ?
    Saw you online the other day.

12. stevedave

Pennsylvania

13. Pittenger5

Im on from time to time. The wife is starting a new business so Im going to have a lot of free time in the next few months.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  14. stevedave

When you say replace the wheel, do you mean just the wheel or the wheel base? I'm assuming former.

15. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I have a rig & seat for sale. But you're short on space.

16. Pittenger5

Correct. I personally dont like the wheel of the accuforce. Its just your standard round wheel. Its certainly usable, I still use mine for Rally games. I just prefer the Fanatec formula wheel for actual racing games. I think its just the immersion factor, not a "usable" reason.

17. stevedave

PM me info. I have space, just have to shuffle some wife/kids crap out of the way.

You all are already going to get me in trouble.

18. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

If you look at the picture I posted, you will see I have 3 wheels.
    F1/Super Speedway and GT
    All are custom made my Sam Maxwell Customs
    All are VR and have no display.
    If you're going to get into it and not worry about $$. It's the way to go.

19. stevedave

I don't want to give impression that money is no issue, but more that I'm willing to spend a little extra the first time to avoid replacing down the road.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  20. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I just build a new work computer after my HD took a dump with all my pictures.
    It's the blue seat with adjustable sliders and this base

Attached Files: