1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The wait is over. Need help from the iracing gods on the beeb..

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, Apr 8, 2017.

1. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

2. orangesuzuki

orangesuzuki Well-Known Member

Anyone using an Xbox for iracing? Decided to finally give it a go downloaded the software and can’t get it to run. Says I need an app to run the software but when I search the App Store there is no iracing app. Anyone know how to fix this?

3. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

You need a pc to run iRacing

4. orangesuzuki

orangesuzuki Well-Known Member

Well that would explain it. Thank you for the info. I’ll search for a pc to run it then.

5. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

There's a lot of choices, which depends on you budget and what you want to get out of it.
    Single monitor does not require much.
    Triples and VR do.
    You can get an idea here
    https://pcpartpicker.com/

orangesuzuki likes this.
  6. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Wonder why you need a PC. The stats of my XBox one X are almost as impressive as my republic of gamers computer. The one X has some serious components. They’d be smart to set it up to. I won’t game on my gaming computer. I’d rather game on my Xbox and I know many like me.

7. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I hope to god they never do.
    There are already way to many kids on the service.
    It used to be mostly a training simulator.
    Now it's turned into a game.

Quicktoy likes this.
  8. Quicktoy

Oh I get that absolutely. Same reason I mostly game on my Xbox and not online. Nice username. I’m up visiting my folks in Athens this week. Went and toured the stadium today.

9. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

Just watched Max's first laps of Zandvoort after the repave... wow.. ripping!

10. stevedave

stevedave Well-Known Member

Read....this....whole...freaking....thread. All 5700+ posts.

So to get it out of the way...

Fuck off Fraley.

Now, I’m working on getting everything together to start iRacing. I have a gaming pc on the way that has i7-8700 and RTX2080. Going to spend the rest of the money on fanatec setup for wheel and pedals. Go with cheap seat and just use a tv for now.

Look forward to figuring all this out, just hope some of you are still around as it looks like this thread has dried up as of late.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

code3ryder likes this.
  11. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

12. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

Good first callout! Most of the lunatics are still iRacing. Venom51 is in ban-camp at the moment so he can't reply :)

13. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

What tv do you plan on using ?
    You would be better off buying a monitor.

14. stevedave

I have no idea what this means...I’m probably just dumb.

15. stevedave

Good to know because I’m going to need all the help I can get on how to navigate iRacing. May take me a little to get everything together (don’t worry, not as long as BigBird), but I love real life sports car racing (actually going to 24 Hours of Le Mans this year assuming this stupid virus doesn’t mess it up) so cant wait to give this a try.

I won’t have the same amount of time to commit to it as some, but some time is better than none.

G Dawg, code3ryder and Boman Forklift like this.
  16. stevedave

I actually have 2 options in my theater room. I have an old 50” Samsung DLP (think circa 2008) or a 110” home theater/gaming projector. Not perfect solutions, but eventually I’ll get VR.

17. stevedave

So let’s start questions...

Inverted v3 pedals vs regular v3 pedals?

Fanatec v2.5 base vs Accuforce v2?

If fanatec base, what is advantage of say the BMW G2 wheel over the CSL Elite P1?

18. stevedave

Scratch that...what I get for posting up at 4:30 AM. I forgot my s/n on this site was stevedave and haven't seen that movie since college. Thanks for the throwback.

19. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

You need to have something that has a fast refresh rate . If you're going to end up with VR then no need to spend a bunch of $$ on one.
    This is a good place to start https://www.pcgamer.com/best-gaming-monitor/
    You can join this page https://www.facebook.com/groups/1043887945622975/?ref=bookmarks and once you join iRacing you can check those forums for used equipment.
    Just be aware that the admin on the FB also build computers. He's been very helpful to me when I've had questions about building or other issues.
    His builds are pretty overpriced. And he's gotten a bad rep on the iRacing forums for some of the crap he's tried selling in the past.
    I had issues with Fanashit and will never recommend them. Customer service is shit in the US.
    Just to get started, I would suggest Thrustmaster. It all depends on what you want to put into it.
    Kenny is the most knowledgeable and very helpful for newbies.
    I have a Vive Pro with upgraded lenses for sale if you're interested.

20. Quicktoy

Wait. I have an oculus rift and a republic of gamers computer. I can use the oculus for the driving simulator???

code3ryder likes this.