1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The wait is over. Need help from the iracing gods on the beeb..

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, Apr 8, 2017.

1. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Both options are a complete brand new build. Do you know the specs on your current computer? If not, there should be ID tag on it if it is pre-built that I can search and pull it up on the interwebs. Depending on what you have we may be able to use some parts and save some money.

2. Timothy Landon

Timothy Landon Well-Known Member

Windows 7 Home Premium, Intel Core 2 CPU 6300 @ 1.86GHz, 4 GB RAM, 64-bit operating system, NETGEAR A6219 wifi, NVIDIA Graphics Driver 309.08, LogiTech Software 5.10. ??????

3. 600 dbl are

There's nothing really to salvage from that. Unless for some reason it has a 650w power supply which I highly doubt.

Do you plan on using one monitor or three? This will determine how beefy we need to go with the graphics card. Mark upgraded his GPU over Christmas because he also upgraded to triple monitors, so we could possible offer him a Fraley truck stop special for the card if you only plan on running one screen. I've got a spare hard drive so we can save some money there and because I don't read too well I have about 3000 case fans. The two most expensive things in the PC build are the CPU and the graphics card. I'd really like to see you use an i5-8600K or 9600K as they are the best bang for the buck and are very easy to overclock (free performance). Plus, that CPU will last in iRacing for many years to come. I bought my windows key off of Kinguin for $30, so some money can be saved there as well.

4. Timothy Landon

One monitor.

5. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Is Jeff Scott and Jeff Ford the same person ?
    If so, then I'm sorry. Jeff Scott has helped me sort a few things out. Jeff Ford sold a bunch of shit on the iRacing forums.

Edit, I'm an idiot. Never put 2 & 2 together.
    I feel sick that I've been chatting with him :(

GS5 is available for Beta Testing

https://simxperience.com/SimXperienceGS-5G-SeatBeta.aspx

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
  6. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I would suggest you get enough GPU to run VR.
    You never know, you might want to give it a go.

7. Timothy Landon

Jeff Scott/Ford called me back. Same person. Says he's a Federal Agent with ICE. Said he's quitting and going computer stuff full time. Gave me pricing on a new pc. He said he would email the spec's. B450 motherboard,RX750 16gb Horizon 2200 ?? for $740.

8. 600 dbl are

I’m interested in seeing his specs.

9. Timothy Landon

10. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Ugg ! Is there a way to delete the post where I recommended him?
    Although, he has very good feedback on FB.
    I posted on the IRacing forums about doing a group by on some Heusinkveld hand brakes to offset shipping.
    He replied back telling me to wait, as he had some "US" made ones coming.
    Sent me pictures.Total shit. Fender washers for spacers.
    Only to find out they were made in China after people called him out on them.

11. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

12. Timothy Landon

iRacing/Gaming Desktop 1 $740.00 $740.00
    Ryzen 3 2200G OC 3.7-4.0
    Radeon RX 570 OC
    16GB DDR4 Ram
    B450 Motherboard
    240gb SSD Drive
    Premium Case
    Premium Power Supply
    Windows 10 Pro
    Software 1 $0.00 $0.00
    iRacing Full Install
    iRacing 3rd Party Apps
    Voice Command Software (Be VR Ready)
    Advanced PC Tuning (200.00 Charge with Most Custom
    Builders)
    1 $0.00 $0.00
    CPU Overclocking Free
    Ram Overclocking Free
    GPU Overclocking Free
    Warranty 1 $0.00 $0.00
    3 Year Warranty/Free Technical Support Via Remote In Software
    Warranty is transferable on re-sale
    Shipping and Insurance 1 $60.00 $60.00
    Ships 7-14 business days from order/payment date
    Total: $800.00

13. 600 dbl are

You can build that too for $578 https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Mfvvtg

I can also help you build a computer that's twice as good for just about the same price after rebates https://pcpartpicker.com/list/3kJqMZ

G Dawg likes this.
  14. Timothy Landon

Is it good enough for what I want. If so, I'll buy it from you. How can we work that out?

15. 600 dbl are

I did a ninja edit :D

I will help you build whatever you want. When starting a build from scratch the big thing I would look for is how easy will it be to upgrade? Going budget is fine, especially if you are unsure how committed you are going to be. The spec he is offering will run iRacing on medium to low settings on a single monitor. Considering how slow iRacing is to update anything graphics wise it will last for a couple years. I do know that the last update they put out took a major strain on people's older PC's. If you want to sit in the $600 range let me do some research to get you the best bang for your buck. I also don't want you to have buyers remorse, wishing you had bought something a little better.

Edit: Better processor, a touch better video card, but very much easy to upgrade. I will get you hooked up with an SSD for windows as well. The only thing we will need to get for you is a windows key to activate windows. All the other "free" stuff he offers is so easy Mark could do it.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ZDzGgw $709 after rebates.

16. 600 dbl are

Which ever route you want to go, you would just order the parts and have them sent to your house. Let me know when everything arrives and I'll make the trip down and help you put it together. The hardest thing about a build is connecting the header wires from the front control panel to the motherboard. I'll show you how things go together so when you are ready to upgrade it will be easy. From start of build to bios it takes a few hours. Loading windows and all the cool guy programs maybe another hour.

17. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

You don't want a Ryzen 3....

You really don't want a Ryzen at all if you are building new. Single Core IPC is still where the performance is for iRacing. Intel 8700k is the go to processor.

18. 600 dbl are

:stupid:

To explain: AMD rocks at workstations, Intel rocks at gaming.

The "K" at the end of the processor number means that the CPU is unlocked, meaning you can overclock it. Overclocking is increasing the core speed over the standard specifications. It used to be a dark art, but thanks to the Al Gores and the safety's built into the components it's very easy to do.

19. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Ryzen 3 will likely be far closer in IPC to Intel when it hits the shelves. The choice will get harder to spend the extra bucks on Intel.

20. nsouza707

nsouza707 Well-Known Member

That guy will scam the community at every opportunity. There is a reason he sells his trash on facebook and not the iRacing forum.

G Dawg likes this.