1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Olympics

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by In Your Corner, Jun 21, 2016.

1. turtlecreek

turtlecreek Well-Known Member

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

That mountain would shrug you off without a second thought.

3. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Think she can shake it like Jenneke does?

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

You check...I don't want to watch.

5. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

I'm thinking seismic detectors should be employed for that purpose. For everyone's safety.

6. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Buncha underendowed haters in this thread... :Poke:

7. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

What I would like to see added is something that would really test the world's best athlete.

Take the Decathlon, dump the discus or javelin and also dump the 400m (the 1500m takes care of distance, the 100m takes care of speed). Add in a rowing event (maybe a single scull to test the whole body), a bicycle time trial event, a 50m freestyle swim and a 200m IM swim. Someone that can master all of that REALLY is the best all around athlete in the world. Let the Duodecathon begin!

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I'm quietly impressed with how well this olympics have gone. infinitely better than I thought and predicted.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
  9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

How about we make American Ninja Warrior an Olympic event?

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I was thinking about just that a day or two ago. It's a great show on TV, but that was never really in question. How easy is it to get to the various venues? How are the accommodations for athletes? I wonder how things are really going behind the scenes.

11. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

I am stunned by the number of empty seats at every event. I have yet to see a single event with good attendance.

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Papa, the country is a f@ckin' mess and to be honest, I'd have thought it was going to be a complete disaster with the media going ape shit with it all.

Either they are hiding how f@cked it is or people are just dealing with it.

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, it looks pretty bad. And advance bookings for the Paralympic games are disastrous. Which is really bad for them because as I just learned, that's how they finance the next games.

14. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Swimming needs to be longer....... 50M? That takes all of 25 seconds.

15. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Which is still 2.5 times longer than the 100 meter dash, one of the most popular events.

16. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Which is why I also listed the 200M Individual medley. One short sprint and one longer tougher swim for more endurance.

17. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

It's looks as though all of the new construction that was going to collapse did so before the games started, so that was fortunate.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Chick beach volleyball at night was packed.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And on Lochte et al - I thought/think they're lying. Don't they have a curfew as long as they're in the village?

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Not a very good measure of overall attendance, though. Beach volleyball is very popular in Brazil. And then you made it chick beach volleyball. I mean, duh. :D