1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Olympics

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by In Your Corner, Jun 21, 2016.

1. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Does anyone really give a shit about them anymore?

StaccatoFan and R Acree like this.
  3. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

One of my field engineers in working down there right now. He said its even worse there than what we're seeing online. He's pretty frustrated with the lack of support on a project that is meant to support the Olympics. The locals are pointing fingers at each other or blaming it on our company for the lack of progress.

4. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Jaguars? Don't care one way or the other.

5. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Yeah, screw Jacksonville. :D

Shenanigans likes this.
  6. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Nope

7. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

8. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Edward Norton....what a great actor that blew his career cuz he was an asshole to work with....too bad, he is very talented.

Oh and the Olympics are back on? No-ones advertising them...

9. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

The Olympic trials are being broadcast already. The diving trails were aired over the last couple of days. The Olympics will be on the NBC networks as usual. We are just hoping that Brazil won't completely mess up, but it isn't looking very good. I have seen a few ads, but not nearly as many as usual. No trip this time, but we are seriously considering going to PyeongChang in 2018 for the winter Olympics.

My wife and I love cheering for our country. We also love special moments like when we saw the North Korean official put a medal on a South Korean Gymnast at the London games. We saw a women's handball match that was awesome. Oh and we had some pretty good seats for the US Semi final basketball game while we were there too. We got about 2 seconds of TV air time waiving our flag near the end of the game.
    Oh, it didn't hurt that we went to the World SBK races at Silverstone on this trip too! :)

Hate all you want, ignore if you don't care, but we love the Olympics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

j cal likes this.
  10. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

I LOVE the winter Olympics.

I LOATHE the summer Olympics.

Great actor in what is probably the most red pill movie ever made (Fight Club).

Not sure how dead his career is though. He was nominated for an Oscar just two years ago and he is doing a major Will Smith (yuck) movie right now.

11. StaccatoFan

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

There was no infrastructure to support the olympics there but there was promises that they'd get it done. If you've ever done business in brazil in the last 10 years you knew that it'd never get done. Not to mention the health risks from the over crowding and lack of basic sanitation.

Why do it today when you can pay someone else to do it in two weeks? :crackup:

JTW likes this.
  13. StaccatoFan

They'll be paying for it for like 100 years probably.

14. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

FTFY

15. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Salt Lake City and Vancouver had quite a tab from what i understand

16. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Surprised Obama is not down there on our tab.

17. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

As a Brazilian I wish the games would never been hosted there.
    The money spent with the World Cup and now the Olympics made a few people very rich and the lower class is paying for it. The money spent on stadiums would have been much better used building schools and hospitals.

I moved here 10 years ago, and they say the government from then to now set the country back 20 years.

18. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

I think I saw a headline a few days ago about the country being just about broke financially. Is that correct?

19. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I insist that all of you watch the Olympics. In spite of all the glaring issues with the games, they always include many examples of athletic excellence and the triumph of the human spirit.

Disclaimer: My son just won at the Alabama state junior Olympics. He is hoping to qualify for the national championship meet and do well. I may be biased.

zrx12man and cajun636 like this.
  20. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Build (or better yet, use existing) venues in one place and use them. London for summer and Salt lake for winter. Both are near cities, both are in "safe" areas. The shine that hosting countries get from hosting the olympics quickly wears off when they are over.