1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. r1owner

r1owner All cars suck!

2nd season of F1 Drive to Survive is on Netflix now.

Skrawny likes this.
  2. r1owner

r1owner All cars suck!

2nd season of F1Drive to Survive is on Netflix now.

3. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

It is funny they are declaring innocence, ok let’s see the evidence of that. Oh sorry you can’t see that. :D

4. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

All the other teams came together to release a statement today. This is going to get interesting. Or knowing the FIA, maybe not.

stk0308 and Yzasserina like this.
  5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

DrA5 likes this.
  6. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

I guess it depends on what they mean by taking legal action to find out how they were “manipulating the rules” without cheating.

7. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I'm with the teams on this one. Smells like BS to me.

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I binge watched both seasons this past weekend :clap:

9. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Or FIA doesn't want to "give" every other team an innovation that Ferrari developed. I have no clue or opinion, just playing Devil's advocate.

10. rwdfun

rwdfun

Not so much caster but it did seem to me they confused camber and toe.

11. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

I think that’s why they’ve mandated a second sensor to monitor the fuel flow for this year. Supposedly it’s going to prevent any manipulation like what Ferrari was doing last year.

12. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

The FIA always turns a blind eye to Ferrari. Last year, getting a fine instead of a DQ shows that. Does the FIA board all still get free Ferraris to drive? How is that not a conflict of interest? I get the legacy part of F1, being the only team to compete since the inception, but I think F1 can get along very nicely without Ferrari. Since Spygate, which in theory should be worse than what Ferrari did, had everything all laid out, along with previous technical infractions (think Tyrrell losing all their points one year due to illegal oil tanks), the fact this is all behind closed doors is pretty damning for the whole series being above the level.

13. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

So then say that. Not we just cant say anything.

14. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

If an athlete is caught doping it's highly unusual for that athlete to be allowed to continue to compete after a backdoor deal and none of the other competitors knowing what the infraction was or the punishment.

DrA5 likes this.
  15. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Did season 2 on Saturday.

Further proof that Vettle is a giant cunt.

16. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

I don't disagree, so long as it doesn't give away a advantage.

Doping versus an engineer figuring out a way around the rules? COUGH COUGH Mercedes adjustable toe COUGH COUGH. LOL

17. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Mercedes DAS is banned in 2021. It's public knowledge. None of the Ferrari/FIA agreement is. Hence the response from all of the other teams threatening legal recourse.

18. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Why do we think Haas, Alfa Romeo and I heard one other didn't join the letter?

19. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

But, they didn't come out and offer up their innovation. they only acknowledged it once it was noticed by the broadcasters and they got called out. I'm not advocating any type of unfair tactic and if that is what is going on I agree that it should be public. But if they have figured out some sort of ingenious engineering work around that the other teams didn't and it isn't specifically called out in the rule book then the FIA has no right to divulge it. Do you really think Mercedes would have come out and told everybody about DAS if they hadn't been caught on a worldwide feed?

The WERA rule book says if it is not specifically called out as legal then it is illegal. Maybe the FIA rule book is different.

20. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

I'm sure everyone who runs a Ferrari power unit have no problems with whatever the agreement was.

Steeltoe likes this.