1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Got it, thanks. I thought I heard earlier that there was one other team, but didn't catch it clearly and it didn't ring a bell that it was a Ferrari power unit.

OGs750 likes this.
  2. rwdfun

rwdfun

vs what? Purposely, fooling a sensor that is specifically required to monitor one of the parameters called out in the regs? According to the rumors that is. No innovation in that at all. Just plain ole' ordinary Ferrari cheatin'

They always say the cover up is worse than the crime. Wonder if we are seeing that with this "ruling"

3. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Again, I'll reserve my judgement until I know the facts. I am sure they will eventually come out. If what they are doing is cheating then they deserve to be punished. But for those saying they should leave the sport and it would be better without them that's BS, remember when motorcycle manufacturers were pulling out of racing? It sucked.

4. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Except that Mercedes new steering is perfectly legal according to the current rules and they confirmed this with the FIA before developing it further. It was then made illegal for next year in an attempt to keep costs down. This is completely different than deliberately devising a way to fool a fuel flow monitoring sensor into thinking the legal amount of fuel was being used.

5. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Separate note, did you all see the Redbull lap at Zandvoort? Those banked turns look awesome! Link in the you tube thread.

6. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Hadn't seen that thanks!

7. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

I'm miss the V8s :(

8. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

I honestly don't know which teams weren't included, but just assumed that the Ferrari customers would keep their mouths shut. :p

9. Ya, I couldn’t imagine having the hand eye coordination let alone physical ability to withstand the g forces. I know what it’s like to launch a pro mod, not even at full steam and those guys to that all throughout the lap.

10. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I miss the V10s :(

11. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

I miss going to races in Detroit, but none of that is coming back :crackup:

rice r0cket likes this.
  12. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

doesnt Indy car still race at Belle Isle? Isn’t that right there? Same with Burke lake airport here in Cleveland...that track showed them no mercy

13. Chino52405

Indy does a double header sat/sun on Belle Isle the past few seasons. But...when I was a kid F1 raced on the streets downtown and went under Cobo Hall and other cool shit. Fond little kid memories but it was Michigan roads and it lasted longer than it should have.

fastedyamaha likes this.
  14. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

The Scuderia Ferrari firmly opposed the suspicions and reiterated that its PU always operated in compliance with the regulations.The FIA was not fully satisfied but decided that further action would not necessarily result in a conclusive case due to the complexity of the matter and the material impossibility to provide the unequivocal evidence of a breach.

15. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

you both clearly don't remember the v12s

All joking aside, the new engines are crazy fast and incredibly cool. Makes no difference to me their layout.

DrA5 likes this.
  16. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

It's the sound man, the sound!

VFR#52 likes this.
  17. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

While I haven't seen a modern F1 car in person, the Ferrari 333SP's wailing around Road Atlanta in the '90's is something I'll never forget!

VFR#52 and motion like this.
  18. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I was stunned to hear a V10 with pneumatic valves for the first time at the Indy F1 race. I just could not believe that kind of sound could come from such a tiny motor.

VFR#52 likes this.
  19. Chino52405

The sound of them launching from the end of pit lane between the grandstands was ear splitting. Made me wonder what that place is like for the start of the 500 or Brickyard.

VFR#52 likes this.
  20. HPPT

HPPT !!!