1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Cota MotoGp Thread (Drama Inside)

Discussion in 'General' started by Robby-Bobby, Apr 16, 2018.

1. He’s entitled to his opinion but shows he knows as much about racing history as Broome does :)

crashman likes this.
  2. Stamboli is a brilliant guy. I have a ton of respect for him, he thinks things through and is very calculating in his decisions. He truly understands motorcycles.

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

What, a highly profitable billion dollar company that is publicly traded and who has cities fighting over who gets to host their events? Not to mention some of the athletes are paid better than Lorenso?
    Yeah, let's hope none of that happens!

and my final word to you on this is. . . . WOOOOOOOOOO! :D

4. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

I thought they broke down in Louisiana?

And there's not much R1 there.. the engine cases and badges? That thing looks damn near prototype... gorgeous though

track wagon likes this.
  5. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

I'm hoping for that too. Zarco has the aggression to dice with Marquez, let's just hope he can maintain the ridiculous pace MM is going to set...

6. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

Well..... there are whiny little bishes on the BBS as well!

Did I say that out loud!? :D

7. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I've contemplated this a few times, whose career would you have rather had, Hayden's with his world championship or Pedrosa's with no top class world championship, but competitively involved in MotoGP for many more years?

8. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

I don't think that's even a question. We all saw Nicky on that parade lap around Valencia.

Pretty sure Dani would certainly trade quite a few competitive years for that feeling as well.....

9. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

[​IMG]

10. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

It might help you to look at and research the existing membership. If Pedrosa were not to make it, that would be a lot bigger exclusion than if Mamola had not (note, I said Zarco's was a fair comment, not that I agreed with it). For starters, he has almost three times the open class wins and 3 grand prix championships in comparison. As to whether Dani would trade something had for something not, I'd like to hear it from the source.

No matter, he has been in the hunt, and a few times shot down due to others crashing him or crazy circumstance. And (this is important), he's still out there, and only three races from his last win.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
    Boman Forklift likes this.
  11. speedkelly

speedkelly Well-Known Member

WOW!! that dust is crazy

12. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

No Crafar this weekend!

She is much better.

13. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

i guess i look at it more cumulatively with the word "legend." like overall impact to be remembered. KRjr. has a title and i can't remember the last time i've ever heard somebody mention his name in a convo, or seen him out there in front of the camera doing commentary or bike charity or rider training/coaching... same title as Hayden, but then Hayden is dead for one, and he's also remembered for having an impactful personality in the paddock and to the fans.

maybe KRjr. has and i just don't pay attention, but his title alone doesn't make me think that word either. i dunno how you'd quantify that. for certain we can name people who are obvious legends that will always be celebrated, guys right on the cusp though... i dunno.

haha only thing i'm remembering about Dani is how many years he had on a Repsol without a title, which is an astonishing feat in its own right. at least it was known that Mamola's bike was a pile of shit. Haslam, Lawson, Barros, Chandler, Kocinski, Mladin, Fogarty... a lot of heavy hitters touched that bike with hardly a result. any of them within their right to be a potential World Champion. Dani's entire career has been arguably on the best machine in the field.

14. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

My nipples are hard watching how smooth Rins can rail a corner.

15. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

Randy rode an RG500 on the factory team with Sheene, an NS500 for Honda, a YZR500 for Kenny, and then finally the Cagiva. He had a fantastic career riding against the best at the time (if not all time), with a series of lucky and unlucky breaks.

Four times he finished runner-up, whereas Dani has finished runner-up three times. I classify Randy as a legend because he has continued in the sport at the highest level, with charity work, publicity, and generally being a great ambassador for our sport.

16. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

FP1 going as expected. Marquez is visibly faster thru 13, 14 and 15.

17. Was just going to post the same thing :clap:

18. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Why didn't they take the blowers to the track and get rid of the dust???

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

What bike are you talking about here?

20. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

that Cagina