1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Cota MotoGp Thread (Drama Inside)

Discussion in 'General' started by Robby-Bobby, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Eh, it's a BS comment. Mamola is absolutely a legend in GP racing no matter what his trophy count.

NemesisR6 and aaronson like this.
  2. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

Absolutely. It's kinda ironic that the guy known as Jackass seemed to have the most wisdom.

3. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

I think people (including GP racers, apparently) get confused between achievements and overall impact on the sport. The latter is most important in becoming a legend, not just a trophy count.

Mamola absolutely deserves to be named a MotoGP legend.

NemesisR6 likes this.
  4. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

I still have Mamola's "Outside leg dangle" from Laguna Seca, on the garage door...

track wagon likes this.
  5. ton

ton Arf!

agreed.

one could almost say Mamola is more legend than Stoner (i'm mostly kidding).

6. I don’t think you are too far off.

7. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

I pray for ........ RAIN!!!!!!

8. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

“Remove the black flag from the rules [because] we are not using it. It's just a waste to move it all around the world. We don’t need it..."
    - Espargaro, A

9. Chango

Chango Something clever!

Last forecast I looked at was only showing rain for Saturday, so Jorge will be starting from the last row of the grid, and Rossi will be hiding like a bitch from Márquez during Q2 if he gets out of Q1.

10. Nic

Nic Well-Known Member

Let's all hope that MotoGp does not turn into the WWE

11. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

On the bright side.....at least Attack's semi made it to COTA :D

Screen Shot 2018-04-19 at 11.20.03 PM.png

12. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Yep. I lost some respect for Zarco. Mamola is probably the fastest guy never to win a title. Zarco has a ways to go before he qualifies to hold the mans sweaty jock strap, let alone criticize him...

13. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

I can't believe y'all mad bc you didn't get the answer your wanted to hear. Like somebody can't have an opinion..

track wagon, MachineR1 and dieterly like this.
  14. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

i love watching the guy ride, and i love his attitude/personality, and im of the opinion that timing and things outside of his control mostly contributed to him not getting a championship that he very much looked capable of and deserving of... but you ready to call Pedrosa a legend too? cause i'm sure not. so then what's the quantifier?

15. I got Zarco and Marquez in a battle Royale in turn 1 gravel trap. Rossi ends up 3rd and they give Lorenzo a consolation ribbon for finishing the race.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  16. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

[​IMG]

17. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Did y’all see Herrin Superbike????

Holy hell its a work of art!

Stromboli did a fantastic job!!!

18. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Yea, that thing is gorgeous, not to mention some of the insano work/craftsmanship that went into it........that fuel tank alone.

aaronson and panthercity like this.
  19. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

On the other hand, didn't it break down in Texas? :D

20. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

He's got an interesting take on extended fuel cell/subframe design huh? Would be funny if it motors past the Monster/Graves bikes down that ginormous back straight.

Screen Shot 2018-04-20 at 9.36.15 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-20 at 9.36.58 AM.png

Hmm, I never even thought about that? Did it make it to TX, or did it just coincidentally break down at COTA? :crackup: