1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Cota MotoGp Thread (Drama Inside)

Discussion in 'General' started by Robby-Bobby, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Where's Miller?

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Mamola rode a "B" yamaha for KRsenior with backing from Budweiser his last year.

3. aaronson

aaronson Well-Known Member

The bulge behind the fuel tank, which is part of the sub-frame . Is that the fuel pump ?

4. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

"Logistical issues"

I wonder if he actually got the axe, if this is a qualifying event for Amy to take his job, or if they're actually being sincere that there were logistical issues.

I hope it's the latter. He sucked in Qatar but was significantly better in Argentina. Based on that upward trajectory, he'd be great given a few more races.

5. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

One thing Mamola did do was finish higher in the championship than all the riders he was runner up to.

pscook likes this.
  6. The Great One

I love that Davide Brivio has absolutely no poker face. When Amy asked him about the MarcVDS deal in FP1 this dude was practically cracking up while trying to deny it. Then she mentioned having Morbidelli riding a Suzuki and he got even giddier. I love it!

5axis and pscook like this.
  7. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

The track is so shitty it's a disgrace.

vizsladog and I'm with Stupid like this.
  8. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Certainly looks like it. Probably had to shift it to the side like that in order to clear the suspension bits....

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

How many times did he finish 2nd in the championship on that?

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Well, Cagiva was on pirellis when mamola was there. Bad bike on (then) shit tires.

Well, only part of the time. I forgot they did run "B" michelins for a year or so.

11. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

everything i've ever read or watched about it said it was garbage until its very last year... which was who, Kocinski? and not enough to put him past Doohan still i guess.

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Pretty much. When Yamaha started to help Cagiva fix their bike it got real good.

13. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

14. Riders Discount

Riders Discount 866-931-6644 ext 817

He was going to do a school at Laguna a couple of years ago and had to cancel because of Visa issues. I would assume it's the same Visa issues this time.

The Great One likes this.
  15. The Great One

Thanks for the insight; that's good to hear (relatively speaking). I'm actually starting to like him as the pit lane reporter.

16. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

I liked the COTA Hayden Hill coverage on Eurosport. :flag:

17. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Can’t undersrand why they wouldn’t have a car trackday or something the weekend prior.

It was like they were throwing roost down the back straight.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  18. mike998b

mike998b Well-Known Member

Where's Herrin?
    No laps so far in P1.

19. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Randy, nice dig on Rossi.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

20. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

Very cool that Mamola is getting some recognition even though he had not won a 500 Championship. Great to hear his thoughts on Nick as well. I'm not crying...you're crying.

CRA_Fizzer likes this.