1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

South Africa/Black Leaders Stealing Land

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by kangasj, Mar 9, 2018.

1. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

My wife has an international student from South Africa. He stated his parents farm was being taken from them by the government. He told her his parents were offered a settlement that was a fraction of what the farm was worth. When they refused, the government simply took it.

My wife gives zero fucks about things like this, so it's not something she would make up.

sheepofblue likes this.
  2. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Hmm, ya know? That might be a hell of a way to see just how biased the press really is. I wish Trump would actually do it. Of course, the press would just start speculating on "their own fact" that Trump is insane. :D

3. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

That sounds awful, but my brother had basically the same thing happen to his first house here in the states. If you live near a money generating factory for the city that wants to expand, you will quickly learn that its the city's land, not yours. HE and his wife had just finished renovating the house and were given a fraction of the assessed value from when they bought the house. Fighting their case only made the offers decline and it was basically a take something or take nothing scenario by the time they and the last few neighbors left - apparently the city can factor in their time/expenses to acquire the (your) property as being a portion of the "just compensation" they have to offer under eminent domain laws.

I get that the reasoning right now is different in SA, but the end result is the same. Push comes to shove, none of us own shit either.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Eminent domain. Sucks ass but it's all for the greater good don't ya know.

5. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

I'm sure you would still find a reason to bitch about the speech :D

6. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

That is your state, it varies. In Alabama you are due the highest possible assessed value by law. Almost sat on a jury of just such a case. Eminent domain is constitutional but the details are state based. Oh and the Supreme Court ruling that they could take it for more profit was an abomination to sit up near some the worst in our history.

7. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Any of us that thinks we own a damn thing should try not paying the property tax bill next time it comes due & see what happens.

Call it ""property tax"" or call it ""rent"" end result is the same.

Britt likes this.
  8. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

9. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Probably. If he stuck his foot down his throat as he usually does I would be harping like nobody's business. :p
    From the past two or three days events when dealing with his businesses CFO getting immunity and also the honcho of whatever rag newspaper it is getting the same, Trump might be looking at some serious difficulties. The wheels on Trump's cart seem to be wobbling pretty badly right now.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You have seriously got to stop reading articles penned by haters. Nothing has yet come out that remotely implicates Trump. Every single talking head keeps bringing up that it MIGHT implicate him if if if if... But there is nothing to indicate it will other than their imaginations and hopes. He hired a couple of dishonest NY lawyers. They got busted for other shit that has nothing to do with him or the campaign.

kangasj likes this.
  11. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Is there any other kind of New York lawyer?:D

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not that I've heard of :crackup:

13. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Orvis just can't turn off CNN and MSNBC. :crackup:

Orvis, I know you have the time. Listen to a few of the Dan Bongino podcasts. He's ex-secret service and really interesting to listen to.

14. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Or Levin who served under Reagan and has argued before the Supreme Court unlike most of the talking heads which have no law degree or at times it appears knowledge of the Constitution. Levin actually has some very interesting talks on Constitutional details in detail vs the flyby media.

kangasj likes this.
  15. kangasj

kangasj Banned

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Hasn't Cape Town been pretty violent since well, forever? Isn't that where the old video came from of a car with a built in flame thrower?

17. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

There have been some 1,600 murders in this area since the beginning of the year, 900 of them believed to be gang-related. These include 55 unnatural deaths just this past weekend, including 6 young women shot dead, allegedly execution-style, in one house last Friday night in Philippi East. 5 young men shot dead nearby the next day. :eek::eek::eek: Dayum, making Chicago sound like a kiddie ride.

18. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Epstein moved to Chicago?