1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Somebody sign Sarah Conner!!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by Mblashfield, Apr 20, 2008.

1. how bout that..........biaaaaaaaaatch.

:D

2. thanks for the insight......

3. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

That only says "tires", it doesn't say "tires were the only reason Mat was faster". "Tires" could mean "different tires, so the lap times are not relevant", or "Mat had better tires, and that is ONE of the reasons he is faster", or...

4. please read on page 3 where i made my initial comment......

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

It only appears that way. He is selective about which stupid he replies to and goes for only the best.:D

6. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

For 2007 I would say this:

Take the individual riders out and how was the manufactures title point spread?

Also I agree. Suzuki did better last year than they are this year for sure. I still think Capirex will pull out a pretty good season this year.

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I don't even know what the spread was, but I can already tell you that you have manufacturers with as many as five bikes or as few as two. So wherever you're going with this, it might be dangerous territory. :)

So seriously, simple question: which bike was more competitive than the Suzuki?

8. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

No, I surrender.

9. i'm going to play with my cameras...

10. oh thanks........i try my best.

11. cgordon3

Honestly, take any two riders from the other manufactures and compare with the two suzukis last year, Suzuki may have been, and probably was, the most competitive bike on the grid.

I see what you are saying about the number of bikes per manufacturer. I admit I am not completely aware of how points are awarded to the manufacturer.

Now to join the argument, Mladin could take that bike, 2007 GSV-R, on dunlops and smoke everybody!!! :D Probably do the same on the 2008 bike!!!!

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Shit, so you were agreeing with me the whole time? You did a lousy job of showing it! :D

13. cgordon3

Did you miss the part where I said I was playing devil's advocate? :Poke:

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Sometimes people say that when they don't want to commit their real opinion. :D

15. cgordon3

HA HA

Well you got my real opinion. I also think that Hopper should have stayed on the Suzuki, at least compared to moving over to Kawasaki, but I guess those extra zeros, from what I have heard, are a large incentive.

16. jmanley

jmanley Well-Known Member

Last year was without a doubt Suzuki's best year since the move away from the 2 stroke 500's. Still they were the 4th best manufacturer. In 17 races, the top finisher on a given brand:

Ducati: 10 wins, 16 podiums, finished within 10 sec. of winner 15 times.
    Yamaha: 4 wins, 8 podiums, <10 sec. 7 times
    honda: 2 wins, 13 podiums, <10 sec. 8 times
    Suzuki: 1 win, 7 podiums, <10 sec. 4 times

Again that is their best year in several.

The question again was why should Mat leave and join this team? Ride your ass off to maybe finish within sight of the leaders.

I'll leave it at this: Hate him while you can. He's outta here after this year. i say that is a sad day for American Pro-racing.

17. cgordon3

For maybe a more realistic idea of how the manufactures did as a whole, maybe we should see how the season, take out the best finisher from each manufacturer each race and then see how they stack up. For example, not counting Stoner, how did ducati do last year? Without Rossi how was Yamaha?

I think that could give you a better picture of how the bikes stack up against each other.

I for one don't think Mladin needs to, nor should he go anywhere. Like someone else here said, if you can't hang with him, how well can you expect to do on the world stage?

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Ducati: mostly Stoner. The other three have one win between all of them.
    Yamaha: all Rossi. The other three have zero wins.
    Honda: all Pedrosa. The other five have zero wins.

That's hardly a strong case against the Suzuki.

19. cgordon3

My point exactly.

20. jmanley

jmanley Well-Known Member

But those guys are riding and the Suzuki team as a whole can't keep up, not consistently anyway. That leads to my declaration that they aren't competitive. Keep in mind that the real talk of him going was year before last when they really were behind Honda and Yamaha.

But, who knows, maybe Mat could have turned them around. You all make valid points.