1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Somebody sign Sarah Conner!!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by Mblashfield, Apr 20, 2008.

1. xsr71x

xsr71x Old Member

Mat is in a VERY different place mentally & physically than he was even 3 years ago. Let alone when he rodes a Ducati or was in GP's.

2. let me re phrase that......Mladin was fastest at the test.....

3. jmanley

jmanley Well-Known Member

ding ding ding....right on the money.

Corser accused him of using a qualifying tire (or tyre :D ). Mladin challenged him to look through his equipment to see if there were any Q tires there.

4. jmanley

jmanley Well-Known Member

MM has the same number of laps at Barber as anyone else. Same at Miller.

Nice try.

5. 999

999 Well-Known Member

Your posts make no sense and are boring. You should get your GED, learn to use the shift key, organize your thoughts and come back with something interesting.

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Tires...

Vermeulen has won on that bike.

The Pirelli race tires were none to be subpar at that time. Mladin most likely had an advantage even on race Dunlops. I am not saying he would not have been capable of setting the fastest time on the same tires are the other guys, but we will never know.

7. that was a series dominated by Michelins.......can't imagine Dunlops having more data than the Pirellis at Phillip Island.

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I am probably going to regret getting into a racing discussion with you, but what are you talking about? Dunlop was building better superbike tires. Who cares what data Michelin had?

9. did you not mention "tires" for the reason Mladin went faster at Phillip Island??? Prior to Pirellis being the provider for WSBK teams...did Michelin not dominate WSBK............correct me if I'm wrong.....Dunlops do dominate in the US.......

so with Pirellis supplying tires for WSBK which race at Phillip Island every year...with the Corona team racing and testing every year........how would tires make a difference??? Mladin rides in the US on Dunlops.....

if i'm wrong.......then please tell us ALL mighty on why "tires" would have made a difference?

10. also....just to add.......the race Vermeulen won was a VERY wet race............now with you wealth of knowledge, please correct me if i'm wrong.......it doesn't really make the bike "competitive" in a dry race does it????

11. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

I think I can answer this. IIRC the WSB laptimes at that point were still slower than they were before the control tires were introduced, as Pirelli was still coming up to speed. Dunlop may not have had much data, but they had a better tire.

12. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

I'm not "ALL mighty", and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, but I'm pretty sure that most people will admit that Mladin's Dunlops are a better tire than the Spec Pirelli's in WSBK.

13. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Perfect example. Hell he was dominant in the untimate race series. No where to go from there. :)

I can't imagine how anything else could have been fun for him. Maybe those offshore race boats. :D

14. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

he could race rc cars ;)

Mladin is an awesome rider...........every race series just has someone that everyone loves to hate

Pedrosa in GP :down:

15. either way......the times show mladin fastest. no matter what tires, engine differences between WSBK and AMA SBK.

so my point is......yes i'd like to see him race in the WSBK series, but to call him a "cherry picker" or what not....for staying in the US while making VERY good money and on a team that he help build is just ignorant.

the man can ride a bike.

on a 800cc motogp bike.....wouldn't he be too big???? there would be a slight disadvantage with his size yes?

16. ScottyRock155

Differences in tires and engines don't matter? Are you serious? If they aren't riding the same level equipment how is the comparison even relevant?? Put Mladin on a big wheel and give me his Yosh bike and I'll beat him every time. And when you tell me it was because I was on a faster bike I'll tell you the difference in tires and engines don't matter. :rolleyes:

And as far as Mladin being too big, I saw him walking around the paddock this weekend and he looks like a skeleton wrapped in skin.

17. WTF.........is my typing that bad...it is in English and not Mandarin Chinese right?

dude.......again....correct me if i'm wrong.......WSBK bikes and AMA bikes......how different are the regulations? i thought that in WSBK the teams have more room in make modifications than the AMA teams......aren't the WSBK putting out more hp's??? both the Corona WSBK and the Yosh factory backed teams????

jeez.......i'm leaving now.

18. ScottyRock155

Well, they use different brands of tires. :D

19. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Good Point! +1

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Pirelli has no competition in SBK. They have very little (if any) incentive to develop tires with the best absolute performance because they have no one to beat. Dunlop, on the other hand, has had to remain on top of their game. Because competitors can enter the field at any time. Are you following so far?

World superbike riders themselves have said for years that the tires were not good enough. Until last year when there was apparently a major improvement. At the time Mladin tested in Australia, I don't think a single expert would have argued that the Pirelli tires were a match for his Dunlops.

You can argue all you want about data, all it takes is for Dunlop to have one tire that works on that surface at that temperature, and it becomes irrelevant. They don't need to have been there one million times. That said, I need to check but I am fairly certain the Australian superbike series was not a Pirelli spec tire. So even under your theory that it was all based on prior data, it's possible Dunlop was not entirely clueless there.

But go ahead, think tires could not have been the difference. After all, it's not like world champions have switched tire brands before because they thought it did.

In what world is a bike that is capable of qualifying on the front row and the multiple podium finishes not competitive?