1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Snowmageddon 2017

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Jan 5, 2017.

1. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Shit yeah, man. Been snowing all day and I think a couple of my road boulders have snow caps on them!

Dangerous shit, yo!

2. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Watched the forecast here in metro ATL at lunch. I think they said we're all going to die from the devil's dandruff or something.

3. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

The local media is all f*cked up. We didn't quite get the snow they predicted, so all the media is out driving around looking for more snow....dipshits.

4. Me
    Meet me at the exit, I'll slow down to 80 on the shoulder

Phl218 likes this.
  5. Waiting to see some dipshit reporter with a snow machine on top of the camera.

Pixelator likes this.
  6. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

normally id be jealous u guys are getting precipitation elsewhere in the country... but its actually raining in San Diego.

its been raining down here 2 days on & 4 days off for the past 3 weeks and ppl are still sucking at driving.

7. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Above zero?

Oh, my heart bleeds... ;)

I'm headed out in an hour to rescue my buddy's truck that shit the bed this afternoon. It will be -4 or colder loading the POS up on the trailer and dragging it to the shop. :moon:

8. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

LOL. I know what's going on down there.
    I'm originally from UC/Golden Triangle. My mom's still there so I get the "it's so cold" dialogue in our phone calls.

Mom: "It's cold down here, and raining rally hard."
    Me: "What's 'cold' to you, Mom?"
    Mom: "It's dropped into the low 50s."
    Me: "Let me know when it's 37 and raining for 2 weeks straight.."

50s? i'd be in shorts.

And we never did know how to drive in the rain. Funny thing is, PDXers don't really either. They just go 60 instead of 85..

9. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

10. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

11. hotnail

hotnail Well-Known Member

...just a gentle reminder why I left the snow belt of NE Ohio for central Texas!

12. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

The news just showed the worst states for bad winter weather. Minn was on top, Alaska, N Dakota, and Maine.

13. I don't mind the cold but if I can avoid it I am all for it. I can fly north to ski and play in the snow, I moved south so I don't have to deal with it half the year.

14. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

They'll be pretty full after this weekend, they're projecting up to 15 inches of rain in some areas, normal precip here is under 15 inches per year. Going to be some flooding on Sunday/Monday.

15. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

My husband works from home everyday. If I also worked from home everyday, one of us would probably be dead. :crackup:

16. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

I never want to go through what we did almost 3 years ago again. You have fun with those 2. :p

17. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

I have an awesome white chicken chili recipe. I think i'm going to make that tomorrow.

dsmitty37 likes this.
  18. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

At least :crackup:

19. Wife and I both did this day. I'm usually up very early with Asia and Europe so mid morning and on I was fishing then working on stuff in the garage. We both have "offices" at home so we are seperated besides a quick snack in the ass if we meet up st the coffee maker.

Paige likes this.
  20. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Yep - my husband is on calls usually starting at 5 or 6 with Poland or India. We only have 1 office so it can be annoying to the other person if we are both on calls at the same time. Next house will have 2 offices.