1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Snowmageddon 2017

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Dunno if they're filming right now or not.

I'm sure the general public is out there freaking and shopping. Especially since it's already cold out.

2. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Heineken tastes different here in The Netherlands. I finally tried it since the US selection was terrible. Over here it tastes fresh, and like it should as a pale lager....but I still dont like it. I will agree that it is consistantly terrible everywhere in the US.

Brew Dog Elvis Juice is the best...an IPA with a hint of grapefruit. It is perfect!!

:beer:

3. Phl218

Phl218 .

during our schoool field trip to Amsterdam in 2000, (!) , the locals told us not to drink Heineken. They said the waterr was from the "graachts" ... they said any other beer would be better...

4. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

heard a female comedian once say, "a snow forecast is a lot like sex, you never know how many inches you'll get or how long it will last"

Razr and Shenanigans like this.
  5. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Hit the grocery store today because my house had no food, not because I'm skeerd of snow. Anyway I rolled right through, shelves stocked full. In and out in 20 mins. Yes I got milk and bread. Also sausage,bacon, hamburger meat, etc

6. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Haha....I'm saving that one!

7. Glad I'm flying out of GSP Sunday and not ATL. Really hoping my locals are out on there side by sides and 4 wheelers. Best one I've seen a few years back dude on a RZR towing another guy on a boating tube right down our main 4 lane road. I was quite impressed. I just finished up "grooving" a set of tires on the dirt bike for some snow fun. I have a couple hundred ice studs I may throw on if it gets icy but may just do that anyway for urban assault riding. Being from the north it snowing down here is a different kind of fun. More for people watching and the panic that happens. I miss being able to do donuts in the snow 4-5 months out of the year. Don't miss the rest of the shit though.

8. 42 here and I'm working outside. This is BS.

9. stymie12000

stymie12000 Well-Known Member

Thanks

10. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Weather service just upgraded our watch at 4pm tomorrow to a warning starting at 1pm tomorrow. I'm going to work from home.

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

'sup Paige? :D

[​IMG]

12. Phl218

Phl218 .

but GSP has 0/zip/nada/kein/null de-icing equipment. also as far as i remember also nothing for the runway.
    that's why in the winter montsh, we plan all layovers in ATL (and not dallas or houston). that will allow us to take a rental and drive home when GSP is off the charts.

13. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

In Ohio? WTF?

14. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Curse you, Dave!

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Don't want to walk home? :D

This is great - Emily and Evelyne are meeting Mark and Dawn Merical down at Cumberland between 3 & 4 pm...

I will be staying home waiting for the call to come get them. By that point I'll have a couple of tow straps and other necessities in the Jeep :D

Paige and Pixelator like this.
  16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

What is that, 10, 12 years old? Still funny to me. :D

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So for snowmageddon I have boudin thawed, boss wants sketti and meatballs for dinner so I'll have leftovers of that. Kind of want to make some chili.

DaveB likes this.
  18. No because GSP I can easily just turn around and go home vs battling Atl traffic. I'm only flying to DTW so that's the easiest route.

Phl218 likes this.
  19. I work from home everyday I'm home. I'll be on conf calls on the computer starting at 2am on my deck watching the snow. I can smoke out here :)

Paige and Phl218 like this.
  20. Phl218

Phl218 .

let me know if you want an espresso / beer/ whatever on your way there or back. i'm only 5 min off exit 39 on 85