1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Snowmageddon 2017

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Jan 5, 2017.

1. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

In the middle of our 3" snow storm today, i was grillin' out....bbq chicken tenderloins. A brisk 20 degrees

Blew the snow off the driveway and sidewalks 3 times. Beat the hell out of shoveling

Shenanigans likes this.
  2. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

Uhhh, what is a quick snack in the ass? Maybe that should not be answered.

TLR67 likes this.
  3. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

My faith in the DC snow panic has been restored. Even activities at the schools and all evening activities and classes cancelled at the community college. We had a few flurries and the temp isn't even going to drop below zero until about 3 or 4 AM tomorrow morning. The roads are now only free of snow and ice, they are bone dry.

4. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Anyone dead yet?

-9 here. Alternator shit the bed in my van as I'm towing the dead SUV to the shop. Had to make room for both of them in the shop. :(

Shenanigans likes this.
  5. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Mid 40s now. Kids get out 2 hours early tomorrow for cold rain. I think the all killing white stuff is supposed to come overnight tomorrow. Say a prayer for Jawjah. I don't think many of us will make to Sunday.

6. Phl218

Phl218 .

Ingles in Piedmont was out of milk and bread already.

Eff I'd be happy if we got some snow. Would remind the older boxer of the long winters in Germany- maybe.

7. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Get some dependable vehicles, its too damn cold up there to get caught out

8. When auto correct goes wrong. Whoever wrote the autocorrect for iOS may have a fetish.

9. Nope. Sitting on my deck watching an 8 point buck snack. Too bad I can't shoot him as he's a nice size.

dsmitty37 and Pixelator like this.
  10. We are out of it all here in Toccoa at Ingles as well. I'm convinced people have a hidden liking for French toast. What's always funny to me is all the stuff that goes on bread is fully stocked.

11. It's -8C here in Rheinland-Pfalz. No snow.

Phl218 likes this.
  12. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Man up, Buttercup. :moon:

Metalhead and Shenanigans like this.
  13. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

You too. Just walk up to him and tear off whatever piece you want. :Poke:

Still -9. Car is warming up. The crying of the polar bears is giving me a chub. :D

14. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

WTF are you doing in Toccoa?

Shenanigans likes this.
  15. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

My new fridge has a digital temp gauge, it's warmer in there than it is outside....it says -1

16. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

-3 here in Osceola, Iowa, with a wind chill of -16.

I hate this cold.

17. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

Some of my GF's family lives in Speyer. We are starting to plan a summer trip there now, you know when it's not -8

Back to snow in the south. What is wrong with you people? Really!?
    I can see if you haven't had it in years and it hits, but this has happened at least the past few winters. We hear way more "everything was canceled but the roads are dry" than "Oh lawd, why didn't we cancel things for this blizzard" And don't tell me about the ice. When it's cold there is usually icy conditions. Not to get all sciency on ya, but this water stuff turns to ice below 32F. I'd give it to you in C but the countries that use that scale already know the whole water/ice thing as their schools actually teach science.

I'm guessing it's laziness. Anything to get out of a day of work or school

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
  18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

After school stuff was canceled yesterday at the rumor of snow and we got nothing.

19. Living :)

Phl218 likes this.
  20. Even our squirrels are pissed off.