1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should Mladin be concered about Hodgsen

Discussion in 'General' started by cgordon3, Apr 27, 2005.

1. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

Mladin is still the man right now and is faster than all others right now. That being said the only other guys right now that are even close to fast enough are Yates and Spies. HODGSEN HAS THE TALENT IN SPADES but the bike seems to be letting him down right now. If Ducati can step up and meet the suzuki with equal machinery I think Mladin will have a race on his hands. It would be nice to see someone up there with him.

2. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

the fontana race will be more of a blowout than any this year. Mladin is the man there. Won one of the races there with a stop and go penalty.

3. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

When Ducati has the street version of the Desmosidici, look out AMA Suberbike class! :cool:

<fingers crossed>

4. julrich

julrich Well-Known Member

What makes you think Mladin has a worry circuit anyway? I don't think a tendency to worry was programmed in...:D

5. xsr71x

xsr71x Old Member

All it takes is one DNF from Mladin and Hodgson will have it wrapped up! Hodgson was doing a great job of holding up everyone but Mladin....I think the race at Barber was also messed up from lack of setup time. First year Ducati on Dunlops all new notes...also did you catch the RRW article about Ducati Austin using shells fuel that is the same as WSBK seems they are off 4-5 hp by not using VP.

6. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Do you think Mladin could win on Geoff Mays bike? or any of the semi-factory bike's?

Do you think he could win on Webcrush's new 05 GSXR1000

:Poke: :D

7. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

I've thought about this... I do think he could win, but it would depend on the track - slower, more technical track, yes...

:D

8. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Not when it's getting beat by Amateurs on SVs. Sorry Adam. More throttle!!!

Link

9. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

There has to be some kind of reasoning for this right. :confused:

Not even Web could be that slow on a 05 GSXR 1000.

10. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

Lord, I'd have to shoot any sv650 passing me on a 1000. A novice no less. Perhaps it was break-in time?

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I've raced at Loudon a few times with 150 hp: unless you're really good, it slows you down. People much faster than me have no use for that kind of power up there. I always chuckled when Webcrush blamed being whooped up there on his 600.

12. ScottyRock155

Now let me get this straight,

First he complains about being outgunned on a 600....

And then he loses to Novices on SV 650's while on an 05 1000?

:confused:

13. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

When was the last time you saw MM in the gravel or dnf?

David

14. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

I saw him FUBAR the start of a race @ VIR, does that count? That only happened a few races ago. Of course, he had already wrapped up the championship... :)

15. r6_philly

r6_philly Well-Known Member

the times seems to indicate that is is raining QUITE hard there for the winner to be doing 1:31's

16. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

turn 10 Road Atlanta, couple years ago.....damn ambulance was all up in da damn way! :D

17. WebCrush

WebCrush Banned

jeez, guys, give it a rest.

it was cold and pouring rain all weekend.

i don't know about you, but i'm not interested in seeing how hard i can fall down in the wet, i'll go out and finish the race, take points, etc. Most others just sit out altogether. If you want to go out and push it in the wet, fine, have fun. Its not in my best interest to see how many parts I can brake on a bike that spares aren't available yet for.

for the race linked to in particular, the rain came down so hard there was a pond in turn 12 and a river in turn 10.

riders were droppipng left and right and when I saw that I was holding 4th place, I went into super-duper ultra conservative finish the race mode.

also--AMs at Loudon aren't really AMs. They are really JR/EX with a new name (a middle class between expert and amatuer).

lastly--just because people are listed on a type of bike doesn't mean thats what they rode in the race, thats just what they filled out on the entry form. Lots of guys rode smaller bikes they keep around for rain events. Motards are quite popular for the rain races. I haven't saved enough to get one yet.

18. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

I'm sorry..........................cheap shot :( :D

19. ScottyRock155

Were you on rains?

I did a solo 20 and 2 sprints in the 35 degree rain/SNOW at Beaver on SuperCorsa DOT's and didn't crash or finish last in any race.

That was my second weekend as a Provisional Novice.

20. WebCrush

WebCrush Banned

Care to provide the link to where I blamed my bike for being under-powered?