1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rush no more?

Discussion in 'General' started by njracer, Jan 22, 2018.

1. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Dam.....:D

2. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Naaah, that would be Triumph. Still count it as one of the best shows I've ever seen. Didn't hurt that Zebra opened for them, either..

G Dawg and Jeff McKinney like this.
  3. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Another band made famous by the CRTC.

4. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Just watched Time Stand Still tonight. Good stuff.

Repo Man 32 likes this.
  5. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Btw, best Canadian band = SNFU.

6. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I did a little research....not even close....from WIKI....
    According to the RIAA, Rush ranks 86th with sales of 25 million units in the U.S.[1] Although total worldwide album sales are not calculated by any single entity, several industry sources estimated Rush's total worldwide album sales at over 65 million units as of 2017. The group has been awarded 24 gold, 14 platinum, and 3 multi-platinum albums.[2

7. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Oh that had to have been a hella show! :clap:

8. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Rush,for me will always be great memories of where I was in time listening to the songs.
    Tom Sawyer being played in my cousins black z-28.
    Being out on the boat and playing moving pictures tape.
    I never even wondered who liked the music? I figured anyone with any taste loved this shit!!

Working Man!!!! any redneck on a walkboard hammering nails in summer heat jammed this song!!

9. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Would loved to seen Zebra! Tell me what ya want,and Whos behind the door only 2 songs I remember

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I'd go D.O.A. or maybe Nomeansno/ The Hanson Brothers but everyone needs a little Chi Pig in their life. :)

ToofPic and t11ravis like this.
  11. Jeff McKinney

Jeff McKinney Well-Known Member

TD,we don't agree on much,but that's the fucking truth.

12. Jeff McKinney

One thing for me about Rush.I have never been one of those guys who gets into solos.I will say,I enjoyed it when Rush did it.That said,I've only heard the records,If they did 5 minute solos in their concerts,count me out.

13. Jeff McKinney

I saw Triumph and Survivor at Cincinnati Gardens at 15yo.Triumph f'n rocked......and they sounded just as good as on the album.

14. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

They only did drum solos like that and they were pretty cool because of the sync with video and other special effects.

Not sure about the record sales, but I know that they have been one of the longest standing bands after the Stones. Their impressive discography certainly meant many records sold, for sure. My favorites are A Show of Hands (Live and at the peak of their career) and Caress of Steel (for the Dungeons & Dragons feel, haters can suck it)

15. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

WHAT? No 2112?

16. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Dude, there are so many, you have to pick at one point. But 2112 is certainly up there ;)

17. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Fight the Good Fight my friend :)

MELK-MAN likes this.
  18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Good gawd, Triumph? Zebra? Why not throw out Aldo Nova, Trooper and April Wine and make this all about Canadian dinosaur rock?

MELK-MAN and cpettit like this.
  19. Jeff McKinney

Fritz was the coolest cat!

20. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

BTO.

Razr likes this.