1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rush no more?

Discussion in 'General' started by njracer, Jan 22, 2018.

1. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

You Sir, are a Unicorn.

Pitdad42 likes this.
  2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Dude, read the rules on videos.

3. StaccatoFan

Sorry Dave....just mean to post a link...didn't mean for it to come up that way.

I went back and fixed it.

4. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

Subdivisions is one of my favorite songs, may have to hear it in a few minutes in the car.

ToofPic and pscook like this.
  5. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

Who knew Rush was still together? I'm not a Rush hater. I could take them either way. But seriously, who knew?

6. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

I used to think they were a pretty cool act. But the way they seemingly f@cked Dave Lombardo out of tons of money last time he toured with them made me dislike them. They can rot in hell (ha !).

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Three sides to every story. It is shitty that a band as well known as they are make high 5 figures/ low figures a year while their lawyers and managers make many times more off their tours and music.

8. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

You really think Araya and King only made 5 figures ? I sincerely doubt that. They provided b.s. financials explaining they somehow had 90% expenses and managements costs to Lombardo to justify him only receiving 60k. Either they totally screwed him or they are a special kind of stupid.

ToofPic likes this.
  9. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

And? I saw my first boob because of that song. I hold it in very high regard.

Shenanigans and masshole like this.
  10. noeyes

noeyes Well-Known Member

Yeah, Rush lasted so many years because they sucked!

Long live Rush!!!!!

G Dawg likes this.
  11. brex

brex Well-Known Member

The boob?

ToofPic likes this.
  12. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Figures.

Pussy.

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Hey man, I have no idea but I doubt King and Araya are getting rich. They probably could retire and not sweat too much but I don't think they'll be driving Bentleys and eating Morton's 7 days a week.

14. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Shut up.

15. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I didn't realize Rush was still alive, let alone working.

Sabre699 likes this.
  16. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

That's Led Zeppelin. Keep it straight!

17. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Same as the rest of the civilized world (read: not Canuckistan)

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Red Barchetta?

19. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

At first I was all "no way Man!", but the second part- you may be onto something...

20. StaccatoFan

I'd never seen them play until their RRHOF induction performance. Over the years I REALLY tried to give their music a chance, but I just found it a reason to
    change the station because it just sucks so bad.

But watching them, what I observed was that they're three excellent musicians individually.

The other two must REALLY not be able to sing if they have Geddy Lee at the mic.

If they each had met up with a different band and Geddy Lee NEVER got in front of a mic, they'd still be RRHOF musicians, just playing REALLY good music.