1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Runoff at NCM Motor Sports Park.

Discussion in 'General' started by onepusher, Nov 22, 2014.

1. some guy #2

some guy #2 Well-Known Member

^I think it's the 1:54 he is questioning, not sub 2:00

2. DaveB

DaveB Just Riding Around

I understand that. All I was saying is I have no doubt 1:54 is achievable by the right rider on a 600 machine.

3. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Love that place...

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Since I can't seem to sort out a replacement date for this year I haven't gotten up there to look. Have they fixed the runoff issues?

5. DaveB

DaveB Just Riding Around

Not all of them, no. They are still working on some stuff but only time will tell.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Cool. Thanks!

7. ped

ped Banned

on a 750 I can see expert pace getting just under the 2 minute mark....still a LONG way off of 54's. most of us that I was pitted with are like high 30's low 40's riders and we were all doing like +/-8-9's. It's a trackday but still....

if it were that easy there'd be some videos by now

Last edited: May 28, 2015
  8. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Official, transponder verified race lap record is 1:58.94 by Dave Lacavich on a GSXR750 last year. I ran a 2:01 on 2nd day tires and am confident that 1:54 is doable, just not by me right now :)

9. ped

ped Banned

I seen all those. I was pitted close to dave and have video of me and him playing around for a lap. Thing is after 6 trackdays there I've yet to actually witness anything near it....even from people 2-3s faster than him at putnam.

10. jt21

jt21 JFugginT

Dustin Boyd did a 1:54.9 on his 636 when richard rented out the track last fall. its definitely doable and i'm sure ppl will be going faster than that at some point

11. benprobst

benprobst Well-Known Member

I'm the last person to be tooting Boyd's horn, no homo, but from what I have seen the last year and a half, unless those guys your claiming are 2-3 seconds a lap faster than Boyd at Putnam are Jake Lewis and Ricardo Valdez, I can't think of any "track day" guys who have been to Putnam that aren't consistent top 15 AMA quality guys that are that much faster than Boyd. Maybe you just saw Boyd at a track day at Putnam? Coaching? Playing around? Because at Joliet one guy was faster than him, Jason Farrell. And I haven't seen anyone of his caliber attend and burn fast laps at NCM. If Dave Lacovich turned a 58. I would bet my life that Boyd could turn a 54 on the same day.

12. ped

ped Banned

bill meister does 32-33 at midohio, 1:13's at putnam only mustered a 2:03 on a 1098. I run 1:38-:39 at midohio and with a totally refreshed bike and brand new tires barely did a 2:08 at my very best. Dave Lacavich doing 1:17's a putnam with mcra....a second or so faster than me, somehow did a 1:58 and Boyd did a 1:54?

you're out of your minds by 10 seconds. That's why there's no videos of it. fuckin fish stories.

13. ped

ped Banned

is that what you're all doing, looking at mcra times and doing some figgerin'?

daves mcra times are like 1:16's-1:17s....that's not quite a front running novice pace. I've raced with boyd. He was 6 seconds faster than me at a track I had one practice session at ever.

dave and I were doing like 2:14's in the morning sessions...There's dozen of videos of people at putnam running the same pace as him in a race only doing like 2:08's at NCM at their best.

You're off by 10 seconds

14. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Why does this thread and talk of video and trackday times make me think of this "poster"...

Ride safe,
    AAron

Attached Files:

15. ped

ped Banned

because a new track has some lofty claims

16. benprobst

benprobst Well-Known Member

You make no sense. These times are verified via GPS and by sanctioned raving use transponders. So now that's not good enough. You need a live video of it? Ever think you ran a different course?

17. ped

ped Banned

yeah ok...we'll see

I could very well be all wrong.

18. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

I completely bet Boyd did the time. My question is - what's the official lap record and how is it verified? A couple guys looking at a GPS timer is great, but it's gotta be more than that. At least someone from the track who sees it/verifies it. A mounted transponder is ideal, but that only happens at sanctioned race events.

If I were Boyd, I'd be pushing NCM to publish that lap time on their site, so it's public/official/all that good stuff. Not just internet banter.

Nice work Dustin.

:beer:

19. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Answered earlier in the thread. 1:58.94 in a sanctioned race using Westhold transponders. Official lap records are usually considered during a race only. The next opportunity to break the record happens in October the weekend before the GNF. Come get some last weekend practice on your way to Barber :D

20. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Cool. So we're saying Dustin doesn't have the record until it's done during a race w/transponder?

I'm honestly curious. Most of Jennings' lap records have been reset during testing sessions, not race events. I don't know the procedure for verifying the laps at Jennings. I think someone from the track was there with the rider/team when it was done.

Another examples, PIRC. Official timed record was done by Jensen. There were rumors of Pegram resetting it, but nothing official. I think most still consider Jensen the lap record holder.