1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Runoff at NCM Motor Sports Park.

Discussion in 'General' started by onepusher, Nov 22, 2014.

1. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Me too, I honestly don't know 100%. At the Autobahn CCS races last month they said during the Riders Meeting only race + transponder times "counted". It was a topic of conversation because of the Pirelli bounty and no one having raced the track in years.

During telecasts, announcers are always referencing practice times below the official record but wait until the race to announce the lap records from the race. Then there are outright records (from timed practice/Qualifying) and race lap records sometimes both displayed on screen.

2. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Sounds reasonable.

3. jt21

jt21 JFugginT

Fwiw I never said that Boyd broke any record, i just backed the statement that :54's were doable, but i think it will be less than that once guys like the post above me & Burcham, Stymie etc get a chance to get on the track when/if that happens.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

There is no set rule for what is a track record because there is no governing body for racetracks.

I would trust them from anyone without a vested interest. Which is no one really...

Tracks have a vested interest in records being lowered for publicity - especially after a repave or the like.

Sanctioning bodies do too since they want "their" racers to be faster.

Racers...do I really need to say more?

OEM's and anyone involved in a test is pretty obvious too.

5. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

And with the sanctioning bodies, they always seem to forget that they may not be the top dogs. WSBK claims lap records, but forgets that GP riders were lapping several seconds faster a few weeks previous.

It's all subjective.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Exactly.

I quit keeping track of them a long time ago because they're meaningless unless you're running the same exact spec vehicle.

7. xrated

xrated Well-Known Member

How did we go from track runoff at NCM to lap records? If you settin' lap records, you don't need any stinkin runoff! :D

8. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

True but if you are trying you likely might.

9. ped

ped Banned

They seem very doable if you're going by mcra's posted times. Read Mongo's post....

But I agree I'll wait for Eddie, Stymie, etc to report on it

Last edited: May 29, 2015
  10. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Or better yet, how has it NOT gotten down to class divisions/ages/sexes (I apologize for the profanity. I know this is a family forum)/weights/air boxes/tires/beer/nationalities (Toejam-Dave K)/footwear/halitosis/trackdays/and general discussions about everyones opinion on grills. And footwear.

I'm perplexed.

11. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

I can post GPS laptimer data that's within .1 seconds of MCRA transponder times, with location and date-time stamps to match the race.

It's beyond ridiculous to question the validity of those posted times. Poe's law.

12. ped

ped Banned

me too :D

13. jt21

jt21 JFugginT

I'm not basing anything off of mcra.. I don't need too nor does anyone else. I'm going off of what the data says from walking to start finish and setting the finish line on the xt gps timer. But we got it you don't believe it. Lol

14. ped

ped Banned

I just wanted some video to see where I can improve. Like I said all I can find is 12-18 seconds away.

I stood trackside watching some people who finished in the top 15 at road america today but I guess they were just really goofing.

Last edited: May 31, 2015
  15. given600

given600 Active Member

I thought Hix ran 57s in the races last October? I was on an underpowered gsxr 600 taking 8th out of the amateurs running 2:06s.

16. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

My bad and I stand corrected. 1:57.153 by Ron Hix during the Saturday race. I only looked at Sunday figuring it was faster with a full day of practice. Ron ran mostly 59s on Sunday.

17. I ran a 31 flat around my yard while chasing the little one on his power wheels. You better recognize that one. I also won practice a few times.
    Records mostly that I've seen recognized are with the orgs transponder or some sort of team test (which usually have a vested interest by the track more than the team as said above).

18. Red900

Red900 Well-Known Member

Hey PED, How do ya like them apples........

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 19, 2015
  19. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

So my simpleton question is...Is NCM back in business? I thought they were going thru noise pollution hell....

20. vosnick52

vosnick52 Well-Known Member

Love it Dustin!
    Looks like you needed someone there to play with!
    Im gunnin for ya!