1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Runoff at NCM Motor Sports Park.

Discussion in 'General' started by onepusher, Nov 22, 2014.

1. onepusher

onepusher Socially Inappropriate

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Been talked about quite a bit already and they are going to be moving things around soon.

3. onepusher

Good to hear, looks fun. :up:

4. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Any chance for wera in 2015?

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Have you not seen the schedule thread(s)? :D

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

None! < than zero! I have a better chance of being elected President running on a demi-rat ticket with Mad Brad!

and shit! :D

7. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Mad Brad for President! That would be awesome to watch. :D

8. galloway840

galloway840 Well-Known Member

Wow, just watched the video. Lots of guard rail at lots of turns - YIKES!

9. onepusher

Sounds like it will be fixed by next year.

10. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Lol I literally read your schedule thread and the schedule before posting. I'm just blind. Also, woooooooohooooooooo!

11. flyboy

flyboy Well-Known Member

How does a track get built these days with that much Armco? I get its a "car" track, but as a business wouldn't it make sense to make it motorcycle friendly and be able to sell more days?

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Error in planning basically. It'll get better.

13. flyboy

flyboy Well-Known Member

Obvious...I guess I'd imagine if you're going to drop what has to be a shit ton of money building a track that mistakes like that don't happen. Guess I was wrong! Lol! Anyway hope it gets fixed.

14. ped

ped Banned

even with cars I'm sure they'd rather not slam them into that shit if they can avoid it...I just dont get it. They'd been claiming talking with motorcycle people all along and they still did that...I got a sneaking suspiscion a whole lota lip service is going on....

afterall it wasn't built by someone looking to make money, it was built by car/corvette club

Last edited: Nov 22, 2014
  15. flyboy

flyboy Well-Known Member

Maybe they were consulting with DMG....that'd seem about right...

16. ped

ped Banned

I think they actually were if I remember right

17. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

It's not as bad in person as video makes it seem, it's a pretty awesome track truth be told. They tried to fit in too much track for the property size.

They will make some improvements this winter and it still needs about 25 sections of air fence, we only had 12 and it wasn't enough.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2014
  18. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

I don't know. I've not driven/ridden it but did a walk of a good portion of it and there were many sections that gave me concern. I'm eager to ride there as it looks like a lot of fun and very challenging in places - decreasing radius corners and undulations through many corners. Kinda reminds me a bit of a larger, faster barber.

And how long was the layout that vette was running in the video? Lap times looked well north of 2 minutes. About what will that turn into on say a 600?

19. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

It is fun... Don't let the video be your judge.. Per management changes are underway this winter to make it more bike safe.. However after riding there last Month I am all ready to go back. The track kicks ass.

20. helicopter99

helicopter99 Well-Known Member

We were a good bit under the 2:00 mark when we were there. I was on a 1k and another on a 600