1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rule proposals for 2007

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by lizard84, Oct 19, 2006.

1. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

And a helluva a nice guy to! It goes even further to point out that this feat was accomplished while bumping up two classes and running with a drum front brake,,, It was an awsome accomplishment and although painful to not have made the race it was riviting to watch!

2. charles

charles The Transporter

Demonstrates my view that, when you come out to race in MotoFormula500,
    bring lots of skill and determination along with your HP...yes, too bad we didn't see "The Good Bob" in the race...errr. Bob, it is "riveting" you want here, 'riviting' could get you in trouble! Wonder what next season will bring
    in all of the cintage classes, perhaps Mongo could give us some sort of
    indication if any changes are planned...

(Compliments of The Thread Nazi)

Transporter

"Here Today, Tomorrow Romania"

3. hinshaw929

hinshaw929 Well-Known Member

Perhaps in Romania they refer to it as "cintage" but here we refer to it as "vintage".:D

4. hinshaw929

I'm slow, but I learn. :D

5. hinshaw929

83BSA - Where are you ? I need your help. :D

6. charles

charles The Transporter

Ha! A quick trip to Romania and you could find out...no one would even know you're gone, allow me to arrange your travel:cool:

7. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

FWIW- If it was any other track, I would have ridden my 350. Lap times in practice were almost identical for both bikes. (54's on the 350 and 55's on the 400, but neither was being ridden @100%) The only difference is that the 350 was making time in the turns and the 400 was making time on the straights. If a rider on a faster bike were to get in front of me on the back straight, I wouldn't be able to make up the time in the esses.
    Not so sure that Buff would have beaten me if I rode the 350 though. The 350 and his bike are almost identical on top speed and it handles VERY well. It would have been an interesting race to say the least.....
    FWIW, ptII....I siezed the 400 in practice and was short shifting (8.5k) it the entire race to save the motor. I pulled the pin on the last lap and revved it out to 9.5k managed to open a gap, so, most likely could have pulled a dissapearing act if the bike was running properly. In fact, in the v3 race, I turned a 1:50 on the second lap, wich was 2 secs faster than my best time in the f-500 race. Unfortunately, I should have showed more self control, because after that good lap, the bike started pinging REALLY bad and even though I was shifting even SHORTER (8k!) for the remainder of the race, the damage was done and it siezed on the white flag lap, handing Scott and easy win. Not to take anything away from Buff or Scott, they're both AWSOME riders!!:up:
    As for the debate at hand, I don't think it really matters if the gs gets another 55c's. Bob's one of the best riders out there and the bike is one of the best in the class. Only a well riden, well developed rd is going to beat him. I've gotten a few more ponies out of my 350, but it's only a set of carbs and an airbox away from being v2 legal. Not really much of a chance there...Put the same rider on Bob's bike (evil) and Bob's bike (good) and you'll see an rd in the winners circle. 55cc's might make it closer, but I think the result would be the same.

8. Yamaha179

Yamaha179 Well-Known Member

Mark:
    I know this is not really "on thread" but your RD 350 has modified cylinders. To make it V2 legal you would have to do more than replace the carbs and add an air box, you would have to replace the cylinders. At least, that's the way I read the rules and that's the way I built my yet-to-be-ridden V2 RD.
    Lyn

#156 Well-Known Member

Because your talking about 4 stroke bikes. Just trying to have alittle fun with you guys. I have no desire to run f-500 nor have i ever. I hope nobody gets mad because i'm just joking. I love v-4 and v-5. Those are my classes. :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

10. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

83BSA is dangerous, he can file a suit, and he can ride:beer:

11. phantom 309

phantom 309 Well-Known Member

You would have to turn better then 46's to make a race with the fast four strokes in v-3.:p Just stirring the pot, great job a good rider only rides as hard as he needs to to win.:beer:

12. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

Takes one to know one!!:beer:

13. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

STOP!!!!!!!!!!! What a gayfest. you both better be ready for next year.
    :)
    i dont have time for this right now......dancing with the stars is on.

14. charles

charles The Transporter

We heard you get dressed up like Liberace to watch "Dancing with the Stars"
    is this true or do you just continue with the 8" heels?

15. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

That would explain why he looked so much taller at Barber last weekend:D

16. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Maybe that's why I couldn't reach the gear shift lever when I borrowed Scott's RZ at the GNF??? :eek:

17. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

Mannn I don't know it is just getting to weird for me.. I mean I would never consider reaching for another guys shift lever :wow:

Last edited: Oct 28, 2006
  18. hinshaw929

Has anybody else noticed during this thread that our friend the Transporter seems to have a thing for men in 8" heels ? :moon:

19. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

If he does, no more use of the motogp hospitality suite for him. :tut:

20. charles

charles The Transporter

Another seedy attempt to malign and tarnish my character (not me, just my character)...well, it won't flush here, no sirree...now, notice how 'involved'
    Jim here got when Scott started this business...besides, I don't even like 8" heels, anything over 6" is simply too much...you'll be hearing from my law firm
    (Swindler, Shyster, Crook and Injustice) about this, Jim, and you can forget about the ride you begged on 'The Yellow Peril'..I see this reed valve thing went to yer head...:tut: