1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rule proposals for 2007

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by lizard84, Oct 19, 2006.

1. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

Well, the general thread is over 200 posts, yes its that time of year again.

You know its coming...

4 stroke twins currently in F500 should be allowed a minimum of 555cc.

Reasons: CB550's fours are already legal, GT550 Suz's as well. Hp quotes are thrown about for the RD's anywhere from 62.5 hp to 70+

My GS450 based F500 bike limited to 500cc's makes less then 55, a 450/555 should ring in around 60 while weighing in quite a bit heaver the the top dog of the class, the RD.

other issues.

Can we get a twin shock only forum area so we don't have to wade through the spreading virus of V7 threads...

:beer:

2. melch

melch V7 Pusher

Bob I kinda new that was coming and I understand.

Considering 7 bikes as being vintage I know does not sit well with some of the true vintage guys.We know we are not truly vintage but obsolete as others have said.But it is a cheap and fun class to run full of good people.

I watched every vintage race at the GNF I could and I give you guys the utmost respect.Riding those old bikes the way you all do is a whole different ballgame.They were hauling the freakin mail down 12 on those things.:up:

Sorry for all the 6&7 threads,but its just excitement and people that have caught the virus.

Bob if you come to Tally again this year and since I have retired for a while,I wish you would stay over till Sunday and I'll bring my bike and let you practice on it and run 7.Not only would you make your way to the front but I believe you would come back and say,"man that was a blast".Only this time no racing with broken ribs and a punctured lung.:tut:

No kidding offer.............and to all the true vintage guys,we appreciate you letting us play in your sandbox.:rock: :beer:

3. charles

charles The Transporter

Melch, don't let Bob 'Evil & Mean Bob' Weber cry on your shoulder...he's got about 85 HP coming out of his GS industrial machine, everyone knows it...
    let's not go nuts off season with allowing this, that, and the other...my poor little RD only puts out about 39.75 HP...but whatever "Evil Bob" and his ilk come up with, the 2-Stroke Horde has answers: we got Mark Morrow looking lean and hungry; we got Scott "Gorgeous Scott" McCain riding like Rossi; we got Charlie "The Bumper" McEwan taking home the gold; we got Dick on a
    new "Hairball" when he's not highsidin' The Kitten; we got "Good Bob" planning a comeback; we got Rus on a rampage; we got Jim Hinshaw seeking even more power from his reed valves; we got, basically, everything covered for
    2007...new cylinders; new port maps; new heads; new reeds; new pipes; and stuff you don't wanna know...so, whatever changes, go ahead, 2007 will
    be a 2-stroke season in MotoFormula500...

4. melch

melch V7 Pusher

Yeah definetly a bucket full of talent in the above mentioned.

I still cant get over that pass on the outside of 12 on the rumble strips.My heart definetly skipped a few beats on that one.Im sure Scott(jump the start)Mccain will be out for redemption.Also I never heard if Dick was injured.I hope he's ok.I saw his bike in 10b in practice and a bunch of people around him.I have told Dick I wanted to ride Kitten on two occasions and he thinks Im kidding but Im not.That is one bike I would love to do a lap or two on before their extinct.Gotta be a handful.Anyway,hope he's ok and maybe one day.:up:

5. Fireball

Fireball Well-Known Member

Just my usual stuff. In Superbike if it came with handlelbars it should still have them, same for twin shocks and stock looking bodywork.

As posted on the General Forum:

Allow V5 into Clubman. The V5 laptimes is still well below that of Clubman. Lot's of the V5 bikes are already Clubman legal.

Maybe into DSB also. They won't get in the way.

I like of Senior 50 or even 60.

6. El Skwid!

El Skwid! Old guy, old bikes

You should make the thread title "...in V1-V5, et al."
    (No obsolete BS allowed! :D)

Here's 1: Rookie posters allowed only One new thread per day.

7. jp233

jp233 hu huh, you said "member"

here I come (again)...

let 250GP bikes back into V7 MW. no one was killing the field with a 250 when the rules were changed last year, so in light of all the whining just let me come play again in V7 MW so i can be a stinker.

#156 Well-Known Member

If 550's are allowed , how about letting in my xj550 ? Only putting out about 55 to 60 horses. I would love to race with you guys.:D

9. wera 688

wera 688 in the mosh pit

If you let #156 in...you gotta let me and my EX in:)

10. lizard84

Nice try Wayne:D but your yam is 2 generations minimum newer then a single cam 550 honda, plus factor in the non period wheels and what not, why don't you pick up a XS650 for V3

11. onefastgs500

onefastgs500 Well-Known Member

yeah i think v5 bikes should be allowed in clubman!

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Dunno, I think FZ750's a re a bit much for Clubman.

13. Steve Fahey

Steve Fahey I need a new avatar

FZ750's got booted from V5 in 2004 ...

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I haven't let them back in yet? Guess I need to work on that :D

15. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

I knew this old thread would re-surface... :D

Bob... this is not really just about the HP.. it is not a one to one comparison.. lap times and finishes indicate that there is pretty good balance at the current limits... any HP advantage is negated by the torque deficit of our "dark side" two strokes...

BTW there are no 70 HP RD's in vintage, I am only aware of two that are rumored to have put out that much... neither races in WERA and one is only occasionally raced... :up:

Last edited: Oct 19, 2006
  16. lizard84

Why is it that the group with a 10 to 15 hp advantage always say...

"this is not really just about the HP" :)

17. Yamaha Fan

so now I am a group and I have 10-15 HP? there is NO doubt that it is not just about a HP comparison.. the two motors make power differently, it currently translates to a very competative balance...

lets see if I get this strategy, win a championship convincingly... sort of sit out the next year then lobby for more HP? GNF lap times did not drop.. you would have been RIGHT there... come on out we still love ya Bob,,, :D

18. lizard84

My mistake, they were bragging about making 68hp, never mind the weight advantage.

A 450/555 will never come close to matching a F500 spec 2 stroke.

The physics speak the truth, the rest of the babble is smoke screen

19. Yamaha Fan

Bragging? is that a setting on the Dyno? "here lets turn it up to Brag"... :wow: holy crap look how much HP we have now...

ok go ahead just hand over that Championship trophy here is my dyno sheet ;) I win!!!!!!.. :crackup:

Here let me help you:

Lap times speak the truth!

http://www.mylaps.com

This link should do well at clearing the smoke for you... and it also significantly eliminates babble.

Then again if you think the RD's are that much better just get one for yourself :p

Last edited: Oct 19, 2006
  20. lizard84

Lap times don't lie, nor do they tell the whole story, I won because I wanted it more & did what I had to do and took the risks I had to take to win it or bin it.

That year, that day, I played the game better then you. It wasn't because of the bike, it was in spite of it.

Look Bob, lets agree to disagree, this is a rules thread that in no way should be centered on F500, Email your case to Sean, I'll do the same.