1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rule proposals for 2007

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by lizard84, Oct 19, 2006.

1. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

Pirelli does not sponsor Vintage...........they sponsor WERA, as do the other tire companies. You are correct in that Bridgestone is the only one to offer contingency..............so buy tires from Sticklick........I mean stickboy.

2. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

Treat CORC like a vintage/obsolete class..........experts and novice combined. Wave one 750 and up.......wave two 600's or LWT.

I also like the idea of a combined expert/novice solo 40 race for each class on Saturday's too..........treat it more like a mini endurance and not a sprint race.

:beer:

3. rus23

rus23 Misfit

round and round

Great discussion so far. Personally, I think Bad Bob is hard enough to beat, he doesn't need more power. Good Bob has a good point about different kinds of power, my eyes were opened a bit at the gnf. F500 is the class to be in next year. With the vets and newcomers it's gonna be a lot of fun. The classes that matter to me are F500 and Formula 2 stroke. I don't see a need to change a thing with either class.

I am rus23 and I approve this message.

4. El Skwid!

El Skwid! Old guy, old bikes

:confused:
    The old guys want a mini-endurance race? This from the same guys that ask to cut 8 laps down to 6 because of the heat? How many would actually enter & finish the race? :Poke:

V7HW: Allow 'P' model ZX-7R's ('96-03) to enter. It's an unlimited class & the only one that might possibly upset the balance is an old Muzzy's superbike, if any of those even exist anymore. & I don't see Doug Chandler or Tommy Hayden gridding up with us anytime soon.
    If needed, allow it only in SS trim.

5. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

Skwid............you and I need all the laps we can to make up for those crazy starts of ours. It takes me 4 laps to get back to where I was when I started. I'm not ever gonna ask for laps to be reduced.....and I am old now.

40 laps............sounds good to me. I know those superbikes get thirsty..........and those stock tanks won't hold enough juice.........if they gotta pit..............the little bikes will catch them.

:D

I would love an old Muzzy ZX7R..............that would be SWEET!

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sponsorship is paying to put a name on something and it helps us pay the bills, has nothing to do with contingency.

Basically y'all don't use enough tires for most companies to justify putting money in the classes.

7. melch

melch V7 Pusher

Hwut??

How about bringing back the Vintage Spring Classic??

Tally-double header.Nothing but Vintage
    Round #1-Saturday
    Round #2-Sunday

Now that would be cool!!!!!!!!!!
    I bet that would bring a viable # of entries when the other orgs. got wind of it.

Just a thought..........

8. Demon DS7

Demon DS7 Well-Known Member

:up: :up:

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

melch - I'll look into it but no promises. I did like the Spring Classic but when it quit being a pre race for Daytona the numbers dropped big time. It's hard to pay all the bills with just Vintage entries.

10. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

Vintage double header for a Spring Classic.............I like that too!

11. charles

charles The Transporter

I'll second (or third) Lyn Garland's well-thought out observations...also, a
    vintage only event would be super, wonder if Mongo has any figures to throw at us to determine how many would have to enter to make it work for WERA?

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not right now, give me a couple of weeks to do some research.

13. charles

charles The Transporter

Many thanks...we'll do our best to make this kind of event workable if you know what you need from us (vintage)...wonder if Roebling Road would be
    a possibility? Thanks again for taking some time to figure it out...

Regards,
    Charles

14. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

I second the RRR location..............Jennings is ok too, but the new pavement at RRR has peaked my interest.

15. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

16. melch

melch V7 Pusher

RRR new pavement............Tally new pavement and configuration.Will be new to all and probably the cheapest or most doable.Please no Jennings.

Also if it would help with the cost or make it more feasable,Im sure plenty of us would volunteer to help as grid marshall's,corner workers,whatever would help make it happen.A double header would be great fun for all.:up:

17. Fireball

Fireball Well-Known Member

V5????????????????? in Clubman. I have asked many times, why not? Seems like a fit to me. I am not sure about all of the indexed V5 bikes.

18. wera #3

wera #3 Well-Known Member

well here is my 2 cents....
    let the diesel guys have the extra ccs....no worries it will just make us go faster.

also i agree f-500 is the class to be in next year , there is a lot of talent as well as new comers in the class. id like to see a grid of 25 bikes at the GNF.
    and to help encourage the field, QUICKBIKES RACING will pay $150.00 for the first place finisher at next years GNF.

:beer: cheers

19. Wade Parish

Wade Parish North Central Hawker

...was kinda answered on page one.

I love this multi-quote feature. :up:

20. evilhordewannabe

evilhordewannabe Well-Known Member

GT550 needs more CC's too

or it needs to be jacked up and replaced by an RD400. I dyno'ed the GT on Saturday, and it made 56 hp. I was really disappointed. According to my shop manual, it was supposed to make 50 hp at 6800 rpm stock. Would that have been at the crank, or the wheel? Anyway, I'm all for anything that would make for larger grids. Maybe Mongo could look at a Formula Vintage class like AHRMA, where several classes could bump into the same class?