1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Round 6 |MotoAmerica Superbikes at New Jersey | SEP 11-13

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Sep 9, 2020.

1. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Yzass was trying to engage me in a conversation about the 636 but, really, rules are rules. How do you argue them?

2. Ducman851

Ducman851 Been told I’m that guy, but I’m really not

Ran off and and had a gnarly get off

3. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

Just watched it. Fucking ouch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Ducman851

Right?? Can’t believe they let the field go half a lap before tossing the red flag

turbulence and 5axis like this.
  5. Circacee

“Monster energy attack performance Kawasaki’s” -GW

Suzuka_joe and Tj Hunter like this.
  6. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

At least he didn't say Kinkos Kawasaki or Hooters Suzuki.....;):D

5axis likes this.
  7. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

OK, help me out here. TV schedule says Superbike right now. But it is not. Rain delay? Other?

8. Ducman851

Superbike race is over

9. He crashed again. They said broken arm / wrist which seems a bit much to air lift him. Hoping for the best for him.

10. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

SBK race 2 was 3-4pm EDT on FS1

MotoGP started 5 minutes ago on NBCSN

YamahaRick likes this.
  11. RE needs to stop being so polite on the track. Anyone find any irony in SSP race 2?

12. khill

khill Well-Known Member

Excellent race! Oddly no mention of bike displacement in the press conference......weird.

13. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

That's because they finally stepped up their game and decided to race instead of making excuses.

khill likes this.
  14. khill

khill Well-Known Member

Which is amazing!

Circacee likes this.
  15. Circacee

I dig that you have no issue with the 636 debacle.

16. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Our only issue is them whining about it.

Circacee likes this.
  17. That was all part of the irony :)

18. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Really hoping Scholtz and Westby can take 2nd in the championship. Scholtz has been riding pretty damn well this season.

19. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Well, Not the weekend I wanted, but there were some positives.

Practice 1 was wet. That's a good opportunity to be under the 110% for me, so I threw on rains and was running as fast as 7th at one point, getting faster with each lap, fuel line popped off and the bike quit. New Airbox setup for this round and I had those throttle bodies in and out at least 6 times fitting it. So that's what you get for being your own half assed mechanic. Track began to dry and Kaleb made a good last lap, so I was not under the cutoff. We made another massive geometry change after this practice. I had to do alot of notebook reading to see how we had gotten so lost with the geometry. It's frustrating but there's nobody to blame but myself (see above.)

Q1 looked to be mostly dry, with the usual wet spots- the massive river going across the entrance to 3 (which claimed several riders,) The base of the wheelie hill, some puddles going into 1, and the critical exit spot at the bottom of the esses in T10. These are rivers so they never really dry. We were all set to go on slicks just like everyone else. Right at the end of the previous session, they began waving rain flags in the back of the track and it was sprinkling on pit road. Kaleb made a snap decision to go on rains, and he talked me into it as well, saying I would not have confidence on slicks and I could go as hard as possible on rains even in the dry, just burn them up and go for it. Well, that didn't work. However to be honest I'm not sure I would have gone much faster on slicks, I was able to banzai the wet spots but I lost out alot in the fast dry corners. Again not under the cutoff, and several guys crashed. Had the rain continued, We probably would have been first and second. A poor gamble. Rocco did a 30 flat even in the mixed conditions. Good news- the bike was handling way better and it is feeling like a real motorcycle now, huge improvements the last 2 rounds.

Q2 the weather was beautiful and I was understandably nervous because I knew Rocco was gonna fly, he always takes a tire mid session, not to mention he is just really damn fast. I just went out and focused as hard as I could for 30 minutes. I never came into pit lane, just rode one lap after another, each lap slightly faster, for 19 laps. In the end I did a 34.6 which is a second faster than I've ever gone there. When the 5 minute board came out I was still in the 35's and I knew that would not be enough. I pushed it, I missed the apex in 5, pushed the front a little in the bowl, and still did not achieve my full potential, but for a single session, all or nothing effort, I think that was all I had in me.

Rocco did a 29.9 and I missed the cutoff by .2 sec, so I was relegated to wheel cleaner for the rest of the weekend. However I am glad I went faster than last year, made forward progress with the bike and my riding. Getting this FZ right has been a real challenge, mostly of my own making, but I feel I'm on a positive trajectory and looking forward to Barber, as long as we don't get drowned by the hurricane!

Hat is off to Rocco, he was at CCS the weekend before and did all the races. The kid is just flying. I don't think I could do a 25.9 on an R1!

Shocker, TurboBlew, motion and 10 others like this.
  20. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

25.9 on a twins bike at that track is just insane, especially with how beat up that surface is. That kid is a special talent.

BigBird likes this.