1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ronald Reagan is coming to....

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Dave K, Jul 12, 2003.

1. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

always thinking about yourself. :rolleyes: :D :p

2. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Not sure about your school but my school called them history books... we had a teacher and all that cool shit to tell us about him and the others. :p

3. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Just an aside:

submarine shaped like a penis is redundant. They are all shaped like penises. Trust me, I lived on one for three years. ;)

4. mad brad

mad brad Guest

yeah tony, next time you are picking up chicks, stop by the library. :p

5. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

I personally thought they should have broke tradition and named a carrier after Bob Hope because of all he has done for the fighting men and women troughout his career. :cool:

6. mad brad

mad brad Guest

bob hope never bombed a rag-head at the drop of a hat.

7. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

So we're letting history books and teachers dictate what and who are good and bad. I know better. History as it's remembered is not always as it really happened. Why? I've been a part of things in the miltary that were recorded not as they really happened. Just the very tip of a hug iceberg.:p

8. Tank Boy

Tank Boy clank clank boom

Uh... I donno if he would have agreed on having his name identified with a ship of war that carries enough firepower to destroy a couple countries at a single strike.

I have heard that a hospital ship might be named for him though...

9. WeaselBob

WeaselBob Well-Known Member

USS Ronald Reagan , I heard they ordered it back to port for repairs to the navigation system. Boat can't seem to remember what it did yesterday :D

10. mad brad

mad brad Guest

in ron's earlier humorous days about his affliction. he said to the press "it's great, i get new friends and a new girlfriend every day".

sad sad thing. you still da man ronnie.

11. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

Clinton’s boat will need a similar repair, only it will be that it won't be able to remember who (or what) it did yesterday….

12. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Not
    Johnson, Truman, Eisenhower, Bush I, Carter

Were
    FDR, Nixon, Kennedy, Ford, Clinton

Now, of all the Prez's, which one were shot at? Hmmmmn, all lawyers except Reagan! :D

David

13. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

And still no one has answered the question..what makes a president a good president.:rolleyes:

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I decide, now stop second guessing me or I'll poke you in the nose. :D Got it Chachi? :Poke:

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

But to answer your question since you said I can borrow your Raptor for a couple of weeks. :D

My criteria:
    1) What did they do for the country as a whole?
    2) What did they do for the common citizen?
    3) What did they do for the world as a whole?
    4) In 10 years, 20 years, 50 years, 200 years what will the history books say about them?
    5) While alive (in most of the peole I listed, I'm going from articles and books I've read on them) what did the people of the country and world have to say about him and also what the world and country said and thought about them soon after their deaths?

Now, you're not a dumb man (you worship me, so you have to be smart :D ). Apply what I gave you above (and any applicable ones of your own) to the past (and present) presidents and you'll be styling and profiling. Bet your list of the top 5 comes up the same as mine. :D

16. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Good stuff, just to add some here.

Carter was a so-so prez but a good ex-prez... building houses, getting Anwar and what's-his-name and the other-dood together for some heavy peace pow-wow.

Don't tell Rodger but Clinton wasn't too bad, I mean he didn't hurt the country except for some moral decay but heck, that was happening before he smoked that cigar. He just accelerated it a little, kick it up a notch, BAM!

Of course, I may be a little skewed...I liked Johnson. :D

David

Last edited: Jul 15, 2003
  17. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

Sounds like a 1/2 way decent answer but still doesn't say anything. I don't care what the books say or what anyone says. So what I'm hearing is people's overall opinions determine whether or not they're worth a shit. I don't like it but I guess I'll go with it:( No Raptor for you though!:D

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

No no no, you don't grasp it. You apply what you read. Don't be swayed by popular opinion to draw your own conclusions. Look at the facts and not the opinions.

Like on Saturday when you went shopping for "The Best of Poison". Everyone told you that Poison was a suck ass hair band with zero talent, but you couldn't be swayed. You bought it, even though the 36 year old virgin with bad jail house tatoos working the register called you a hessian and spit on you. Got it? :D

19. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

David, respectfully I ask you to read "Dereliction of Duty", by Lt. Col. "Buzz" Patterson, carrier of the "nucleur football" during the Clinton era. No doubt his observations will change your opinion of the extent Clinton hurt the country.

20. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

That's true but he did entertain the guys that did it... and laughed about it with them. :D