1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rd Atlanta asshat award goes to:

Discussion in 'General' started by mmfoor, Jun 28, 2011.

1. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

why are these kids doing "recreational" riding in a hot paddock anyway? NO ONE UNDER 16 SHOULD BE RIDING PIT BIKES IN THE PADDOCK. obviously just my opinion

2. mattf

mattf Banned-a-lama-ding-dong.

I park out at the fringes so my kids stay out of the way on their bicycles (with helmets!) and they're NOT ALLOWED to tool around on wheels thru the pits.

3. punkadilly

punkadilly Well-Known Member

It was pretty crazy . . . heck, I always double check just walking thru the paddock & still came close to stepping in front of someone (to whom I apologized) . . .

my momma would have whooped my ass for the majority of behavior I saw

4. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Just hit one of them. Kids are like dogs who chase cars. Once they get hit by a car once, they'll learn to back it down and not chase the cars anymore

5. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

You mean like this?

"CHAPTER SEVEN
    RIDER and CREW REQUIREMENTS

[...]

19. Pit bikes must have a number plate bearing the competition number of the rider (or endurance team) to whom it belongs and must be operated responsibly including but not limited to speed limits, wheelies, etc. Pit bikes that are not licensed for the street must not exceed 100cc in displacement. No one under the age of 14 may operate a motorized pit bike. Failure to follow these rules will result in impounding of the pit bike until the owner leaves the premises."

Straight from the WERA rule book. You know how you tell the new guys to read it all the time? I listened.

6. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

I was thinking along the lines of rein like a horses rein so when something the kids were free rein nobody had the lines. I see your point where it is reign as rule as in nobody was keeping an eye on the tick turds. :up::beer::D

7. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

Maybe the ones with the music blaring late at night while others are trying to sleep?

:D

8. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

Wait until the race season is over. We're bringing the UNCE to Jennings to annoy you and everyone else in North Florida. :up:

9. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Curious, can you out thump the bomber?

10. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

Hey! I got 2 big subs behind the seat of my truck! I'm all for the UNCE, except when peeps are trying to sleep. :D

As you say.... "I'll kick yer ass!!" :moon:

11. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Dits will kick yer ass!!!:D

12. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I did have my tunes on late but seriously, I hope they weren't too loud. I had them just one small notch above the generator near us (that's not saying much).

13. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Sounds like it was crazy. Growing up racing motocross pit bike riding was half the fun but it was out of the pits somewhere we'd find a jump. Ttr90 or a z50 was the way to go, but we did wear helmets now that I think of it.

Kids must be too dumb now to go slow in the pits then pin it once your out of sight

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2011
  14. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

I'll whoop yer ass!

15. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

...after half a pack of smokes of course...:D

16. BigHeadzDC

BigHeadzDC One Track Wonder

The problem is not the paddock or kids in the paddock. The problem is parents who decide that some location or activity is a substitute for parenting. I run into it all over the place and it pisses me off to no end. Be it someone letting their kids run all over a restaurant, store, etc, people need to control their damn rugrats. Literally every time I see that, the 1st thing out of my mouth to my daughter is "Don't ever let me catch you acting like that in public" and generally loud enough that the moronic parent overhears me. The second time it happens involves me having a talk with the idiot parent.

17. rwood64083

rwood64083 Gifted as in 'DUHHHH'

Saturday evening was crazy, to say the least, with all the kids on bikes and 4-wheelers. That didn't get to me near as much as the two bikes that kept riding around the area behind the tower on Sunday morning during church service. I had to stop and think maybe they just didn't realize the service was going on. But then came to the conclusion... if there's a large group of people sitting (gathered) around one individual that's obviously talking, chances are I should take my riding somewhere else. But then again, what do I know? I just crash bikes :crackup:

18. bitchcakes

bitchcakes reluctant member

You had tunes on? We were right next to you and I heard no loud music. I did see the aftermath in the form of empty mini-kegs and hung-over body language from you guys.:beer:

19. TSWebster

TSWebster Well-Known Member

Actually rein is correct as in: Noun 1. free rein - the removal of constraints; "he gave free rein to his impulses"; "they gave full play to the artist's talent"
    play
    freedom - the condition of being free; the power to act or speak or think without externally imposed restraints

20. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

Rein is correct.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/rein