1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rd Atlanta asshat award goes to:

Discussion in 'General' started by mmfoor, Jun 28, 2011.

1. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

And I'm with Morris. Either a kid will get hurt or pit bikes will be banned by the tracks. Or both.

2. sowega

sowega #710

The way you were huffing and puffing after moving a few sections of airfence, I'm not worried about you catching me, much less whopping my ass.

Have another one, Smokey!

3. bitchcakes

bitchcakes reluctant member

Alright. Lets make everybody register their pit vehicle with a sticker ($50 per event) in a seperate registration line and sign a bunch of waivers about who is authorized to drive said pit vehicle etc. Then we have random checkpoints, a gate in the paddock complete with quardshack and jack-boot wearing pit nazis with ticket-books and authority to confiscate and impound. The paddock will be then be as safe as every other Disney-like faux-reality inspired bubble in our attorney-inspired version of freedom. How does that sound?

4. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

I am not saying this would work in WERA, just passing info:

We require registration of all pit vehicles or they get impounded.
    We require that all pit vehicles have the owners competition # displayed large on the front.
    Nobody under the age of 16 can operate ANYTHING with wheels (even Heelies) unless in transit to/from the grid in full race attire.
    All motorized traffic is stopped between 10pm and 6am.

FWIW, we still have some of the same problems, just on a smaller scale.

5. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

i agree there should be a minimum age to use motorized vehicles. however licensed racers should be an exception, imo. seems those kids know enough to be responsible with it and would most likely be using it to take care of track business. i'll use draik for an example since i dont think he or his dad will mind. he's only 11 years old (iirc) and i see him running around the pits on his pitbike but i've never seen draik act irresponsibly with it. as a racer, he seems to know what proper pit conduct is and is responsible enough to use the pitbike for its intended purpose only and i've never seen him riding like many of the obviously non-racer kids around the paddock this past weekend.

6. bitchcakes

So kids who corner low are stand-up?

7. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

You do realize you've just described DaveK to the 'T', don't you?

8. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

our two worst offenders are fast young guy racers.

thank goodness dominguez matured. I dont think I saw him on anything but the back wheel for 5 years. :D

9. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

other than he left out the step stool.

10. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Geez, sounds like Roebling. :D

11. K Kling

K Kling Well-Known Member

It's funny to hear the other side of that story. The first time I heard it it was missing a few of the details. :crackup:

And no, I don't have a kid with a busted toe. I don't have a yellow scooter either, but one was offered up for sale cheap Saturday evening. :D

12. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

I thought about sneaking up and whoopin' yer ass and burying you under the airfence.

Not that I was mad at you or anything... just out of general principle. :D

13. iomfan

iomfan Well-Known Member

:up:

14. sowega

sowega #710

I can respect that.

15. bitchcakes

Should you get bludgeoned to death, I'm calling dibs on you motor.:beer:

16. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

Thank you VERY much Quentin. I really appreciate that. I know that Draik isn't perfect and don't pretend he is. As a racer's parent I try to hold Draik to a higher standard on everything but most importantly others' safety.

I have had a racer mention that Draik wasn't paying attention on a pit vehicle while at Nashville. Granted, this was the first time he was able to ride around on a pit bike at any WERA event. (Mongo-I appologize for allowing this as I wasn't aware of the 14y/o rule) As soon as I got the PM about this happening I had a talk with Draik about it. I hope Draik isn't one of the kids implicated by the OP.

One of the biggest reasons Draik races with WERA is the large sense of family we get at all the events. With that said, if anyone ever has a problem with Draik, or me and what I "allow" him to do, please feel free to talk with me about it at the time of the "infraction". You don't rub a dogs nose in the piss in the carpet a couple days later...

The race track, for the kids (young and old) is supposed to be a fun place full of learning opportunities, on and off the track. Feel free to check the link in my sig, remember the face, if you see a problem with him at the track, please look me up, I'd greatly appreciate it!

As for any evening time shenanigans, did anyone else ever get to play with the kids in their neighborhood after dark growing up? Times have changed, the race track really, for us is the only safe place, we feel, for Draik to have this bit of freedom like we did as kids. Once again, if this bothers anyone, please feel free to let me know and I will take care of it.

Kurt Beauchamp- a.k.a. "Draik's Dad"

17. scott65

scott65 Well-Known Member

This is done in AMA, and most Pro Car events. No sticker, and no questions, your
    pit vehicle is taken then.
    Ask me how I know. The car team I was working with, had to pay to get it
    back. I walked the rest of that weekend. :(

18. scott65

Ding, we have a winner. :up:

19. rcrgirl84

rcrgirl84 Danger Kitty!!

So, here's an idea. Start taking pics of the kids and post them on here - of them doing stupid shit. Humiliate the parents into disciplining their kids.

There was a kid a few weeks ago at the trackday at NJMP on a little mini - racing in circles in the pits. He had a helmet on, but not much else for protection (had on shorts, tanktop and sneakers). Fugi yelled at him a few times to slow down as he kept flying past our pit area. I even wanted to give him a pair of my dirtbike gloves just so that he had something on his hands.

20. scott65

I don't get it, give a kid a dirt bike, and no helmet?

Or buy Jr. a gun, and tell him to go play outside with it.

Or when Jr. turns 16, buy him that RX-8, so his bud's
    can see how fast it goes......off the bridge. (Yes, here in Raleigh)